• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scored a Doe during ML season with my 72cal Kodiak!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bubba15301 said:
690RB YOU WERENT HUNTING IN REGULAR SEASON LOOK ON PAGE 43 UNDER OCTOBER ANTLERLESS SEASON REGS SAYS ANY SINGLE BARREL MUZZLELOADER . HATE TO SEE YOU GET FINED FOR A MISUNDERSTANDING
Typing in all capital letters is the internet equivalent of SHOUTING. It's harder to read and should only be used (sparingly) for emphasis.

690, my Pedersoli is also an older one also. I don’t think that it weighs 7 lbs. I don’t hunt small game, so I haven’t hunted with it at all. I don’t hunt deer from a tree stand as I’m pretty big (300lbs) and just can’t get comfortable in one. I like to walk so I think the Pedersoli double loaded with round balls will work out for me during the regular season this year. Next year, I would like to try it out in PA’s October muzzleloading season, if they still have one!

Jack

Jack if you are thinking about hunting with your double in the October season next year you should contact your Game Commission’s Regional Office and speak to the Law Enforcement Supervisor .I explained to him what I did with mine and he said as long as I permanently disabled a barrel while hunting /transporting it, I am just fine and can use it during the October season.
What I did was remove the nipple, slip a bolt up through the left bbl nipple hole (taped to a 35” wooded dowel). I than soldered (Hi-Temp High Force 44) the nut, permanently securing it to the bolt. I also left the hammer home and replaced the screw that secures the left hammer with a Torx head bolt and some permanent loc-tight.

.690RB

I should be out hunting but I’m sick. However “The Muzzleloading Forum” is helping me cope.

.690RB

Back