• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seating caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are most likely Italian or Spanish caps. They used to be fairly common many moons ago. They are also corrosive as all get out.

I picked up an inline capper from the Possible Shop and just got some #10 Remington's from a local gun shop so I'll let you know how i like this combination in a bit.

Mr.MyKeal is right,your thumb is soft tissue,I've never lit one off with my thumb.I can see how a dowel could be used by someone w/a dexterity issue but I have to believe the dowel would be more likely to detonate the cap than one's thumb since it's not soft.I just use the proper size nipples or caps ,give em a pinch and some thumb pressure.They have always gone bang when I wanted them to.Best regards,JA

Back