• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seeking Opinions on a Recent Kibler SMR Purchase Experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, I was never upset about receiving a refund—I was disappointed in the lack of communication that led to it… and the fact that my money is currently tied up in limbo while the refund is pending. My intention in posting wasn’t to seek “validation” but to share my experience for the benefit of others. Transparency in transactions matters, and discussing issues like these can help ensure that future buyers and sellers have smoother experiences.

As for the rifle, yes, I’m happy with the new one, but that doesn’t negate the concerns I had with the original transaction. I think it’s perfectly fair to address those in a constructive way. This is a forum, after all, and such posts are permitted. Why do you feel that moderators have the right to delete or close a thread simply because you disagree with its premise? Who made you the Forum Police?

Thanks for your input, but I’d ask that you keep in mind that there’s more to a situation than what appears on the surface. I’ve moved on, but that doesn’t mean I’d ever purchase from this seller again or recommend him to others. As long I continue to receive questions and comments on this thread, I’ll continue to reply to them.
Yeah there's more but I am not going to put you on blast since you seem to want to be the hero here. You and I both know your not perfect in this situation my friend. Just maybe you pushed the seller to the point he said to heck with this guy I am not even dealing with him anymore. Imagine being such a person the seller decided to say it is better to refund him all his money than to deal with you, that no money was worth it from you, here's your money back go away- we done here. Thats what the heck happened here. The seller apparently decided to sell it for $750 less to someone else than deal with you and make an additional $750 off YOU. How can you not see your not the victim your the problem. But in your words "its a forum after all and I can say that here."

Last edited:
Yeah there's more but I am not going to put you on blast since you seem to want to be the hero here. You and I both know your not perfect in this situation my friend. Just maybe you pushed the seller to the point he said to heck with this guy I am not even dealing with him anymore. Imagine being such a person the seller decided to say it is better to refund him all his money than to deal with you, that no money was worth it from you, here's your money back go away- we done here. Thats what the heck happened here, your not the victim your the problem. But in your words "its a forum after all and I can say that here."
Per the OP he has bought two other rifles from the builder. I would think most builders like repeat customers and want to keep them. Plus why sell a rifle for less than out of pocket costs or so someone claims just to get rid of a good rifle?

Oh well my free comments just like yours.

Yeah there's more but I am not going to put you on blast since you seem to want to be the hero here. You and I both know your not perfect in this situation my friend. Just maybe you pushed the seller to the point he said to heck with this guy I am not even dealing with him anymore. Imagine being such a person the seller decided to say it is better to refund him all his money than to deal with you, that no money was worth it from you, here's your money back go away- we done here. Thats what the heck happened here. The seller apparently decided to sell it for $750 less to someone else than deal with you and make an additional $750 off YOU. How can you not see your not the victim your the problem. But in your words "its a forum after all and I can say that here."

You’re making an awful lot of assumptions here, and you’ve totally mischaracterized me and the situation as a whole. Below are the extent of my communications with the seller. I think it’s clear to see that I was not obnoxious or ornery, and I stand by my conduct.

I’ve purchased and sold no fewer than a dozen firearms on this forum with nary an issue, so your attempts at trying to paint me as a difficult and quarrelsome person are completely and utterly misguided.

Attachments

• IMG_4490.jpeg
    IMG_4490.jpeg
    463.5 KB
  • IMG_4489.jpeg
    IMG_4489.jpeg
    539.5 KB
  • IMG_4491.jpeg
    IMG_4491.jpeg
    359.3 KB
Last edited:
Fanboys are gonna fan I wouldn't pay it any mind.
The $750 reduction says it all.
😆
Thank you, Alex. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks there was something rotten in the state of Denmark.

I figured there’d be some differing opinions on this matter, but I certainly never expected the level of irrationality or belligerency as exhibited by this guy. What a piece of work!

Last edited:
As a long time 'smith, I have t say that maintaining your integrity with customers is part of being successful and honorable.
Sometimes even the most carefully set up work goes awry. Over the years, I have had to replace 2 handguns. One a plastic framed number,
where a pin punch slipped out of the jig and marred the frame, and the other, where a 1911 slide came out of the mill vise and was destroyed.
Customers both got new guns with the work they had ordered on them. completed, at NO cost..I still have these people as regular customers..

Back