• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shenandoah valley lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainiac

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Who out there is shooting this lube??

And to those that do,,do you find a hard to remove residue when you clean the barrell at the end of the day??

Im shooting this lube alot lately,,and am finding it takes multiple water soaks,and many patches before the patches come out clean...

Haven't heard of this lub yet. What kind of groups are you getting with it?? I had real good luck with Lehigh valley patch lub. However I have not been able to find it anymore.

mainiac said:
Who out there is shooting this lube??

And to those that do,,do you find a hard to remove residue when you clean the barrell at the end of the day??

Im shooting this lube alot lately,,and am finding it takes multiple water soaks,and many patches before the patches come out clean...

Use something else, this comapany bought Leigh Valley patch lube and changed the recipe, messing it up. I heard it was bought back and the real Leigh Valley patch lube is at some point supposed to be remade and sold again but I believe the owner ended up doing his duty in Irag before he could get it up and running again. I believe Greenmtnboy knows more about this, I'm just going on mememory of what I have seen posted here.

Rat Trapper said:
Haven't heard of this lub yet. What kind of groups are you getting with it?? I had real good luck with Lehigh valley patch lub. However I have not been able to find it anymore.

I have been shooting it alot lately in my new .40 lancaster.It is as good as lvl as far as shooting all day long with no wiping/cleaning,,,

As far as accuracy,,im still not decided.

I think You've got it right, Swampy. I inquired/bellyached about not being able to find it anymore a few months ago, and my 55 year mind recalls it same as yours. I tell you, I read all these posts re: keeping rust away, ballistol, rem oil, petroleum products, etc. I got antsy and checked my 3 MLs the other night - all bores treated last year with the remaining drops of Lehigh, all still shiny clean. The formula for this is worth more than that of moonshine!

Back