• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shotsnake

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne/Al

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My first leather project. Made this shot snake. Got the leather from Tandy and the charging heads from ebay.I did the stiching around the chargers by hand and got the local harness shop to stich the remainder.
IMG_1158.jpg

One side carries shot the other side has 2FF powder. Useing this really opens up a lot of room in the shooting bag.

I like that setup. It would save having to carry a horn. I use an Irish charger head myself and they are alittle bulkier so I'm not sure they would work as well with that setup.
Ron

horner75 said:
Wayne, Seems that the leather would draw to much moisture for the powder?..Or did you line the inside with something?
I've been using a similar double snake for a long time, shot in one and powder in the other, unlined, and have never had any problem with moisture degrading the powder. I leave it in the snake, don't empty it after an outing, never a problem.

Hawkthrower said:
I use an Irish charger head myself and they are alittle bulkier so I'm not sure they would work as well with that setup.
Mine has Irish heads, and they are a bit bulkier, but not enough to be a problem for me.

snakeC.jpg

Spence

Back