• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

show your best deer pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28320post.JPG

This was my first ML buck ever. The Whitetails in my part of the country don't get all that big. I couldn't tell you the stats other than show you the photo with my first ML gun a Cabela's Hawken.

I tell folks this guy wanted to be harvested. My partner with his @nline was with me. The buck was bedded down about 60 yrds away. We did a sneak and my partner took first shot on a down hill slope. He missed! :rotf: The buck stood up and I kneeled up popping over the ridge and took my shot. It dropped right where he stood up. :thumbsup:

I was hooked on ML ever since. So that is why this is my "Best deer picture."

flehto said:
Seeing I'm a meat hunter, all my "best deer" have been does. All my "best sausage deer" have been the bigger bucks including a 10 pointer......Fred

DSCF0005.jpg

...i hear ya'...in NH they only give you one day to get a doe...two years ago i took this one on opening day...year before i passed on one and got skunked for the season...made the decision never to let that happen again...you don't eat antlers...

Last edited by a moderator:
..hey, your wife's holding the gun...i'm guessing it's her deer???...that's a great picture...my wife and i have been married 25 years and have a lot in common, but not hunting...(nothing against it, just not interested)...i'm sure you know it, but you're a lucky man...can't wait to see those elk pictures... :v :v :v

Here is last years N Idaho Whitetail. It's live weight was 200# and scored at 135. Not huge by alot of standards but I grew up hunting blacktails in the Tioga unit of Oregon and it was my biggest deer to date. May they only get bigger :grin:
These three pics are all of the same deer just differant times and angles.....

Note: when judging body weight I come in at a tender 255 without 3 layers of wool :redface: :wink:

025.jpg

020.jpg

034.jpg

Still---Black Powder and Lead.
JoleneCamera129.jpg
[/img]
202 B&C

With Muzzleloader ---Back in about 90 I guess. TC Renegade 50 Cal at 50 yards.
cap010.jpg
[/img]

150 B&C

Headhunter

Those are dandies Headhunter!

What did that first buck score?

All of the bucks everyone have shared are nice!

:hatsoff:

HD

Those are some nice deer! Didn't get any last year but looking forward to getting out there this year. Thanks for sharing and good hunting! :grin:

Thanks Guys!

The top one scored 202 and the bottom one scored 150 on the nose. Both were taken off of the farms that I hunt. Totally free ranging.

I have other ones that I have shot with BP but I don't have pictures with me here.

I have lots of others over 150 shot with BP, Rifle, and Bow.

Here are a few.

202 B&C and 150 B&C ML Buck

DSCN4786.jpg
[/img]

170 B&C Whitetail, 15 1/2" Antelope, 7' Black Bear
DSCN4795.jpg
[/img]

152 B&C Iowa Whitetail
cap006.jpg
[/img]

156 B&C Shot at 12 feet
cap003.jpg
[/img]

164 1/2 B&C Whitetail

After.jpg
[/img]

All of these were shot from the ground. I have pictures of other bucks but they are at home.

And thats why my handle is Headhunter.

HH

Those are a couple of nice bucks. Maybe we will cross paths as I will be hunting your area this November. :thumbsup:

They are all very nice. Thanks for sharing. I hope to be able to add to the collection this season.
Dusty

I just hated to see this one die so here are a few more; Not HUGE but they take me back anyway....

huntingpics002.jpg

This is why you dont shoot at running deer. Did get him tho.
huntingpics001.jpg

Taken near Eureka, MT. 1st whitetail.
huntingpics004.jpg

In dense fog "counting points" I REALLY thought that this was a "trophy" Jokes on me. :haha:
huntingpics005.jpg

A few blacktails from the Tioga Unit.
huntingpics006.jpg

huntingpics007.jpg

huntingpics008.jpg

huntingpics009.jpg

Headhunter said:
Still---Black Powder and Lead.
JoleneCamera129.jpg
[/img]
202 B&C

With Muzzleloader ---Back in about 90 I guess. TC Renegade 50 Cal at 50 yards.
cap010.jpg
[/img]

150 B&C

Headhunter

Jeeezzee! How long is the barrel on that Sharps?

Duane

Its a 34" Standard weight on a Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express 45-110.

I shoot a 520 grain bullet I cast myself.

Its pretty good at killin. I shot 9 deer with it last year and only one ran, and he made it about 40 yards, the rest were DED before they hit the ground.

HH

Geeze Wattsy, you sure are a youngun!

How'd you drag them critters out of the woods?

:rotf:

HD

Back