• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SM SMR Built & Shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Slightly Modified" Southern Mountain Rifle - .45 cal walnut stock - build done and first shots fired. Pics of rifle, "slight modifications" & first shots follow:

k_1.JPG
k_2.JPG
k_3.JPG
k_4.JPG
k_5.JPG
k_6.JPG
k_7.JPG
k_8.JPG
k_9.JPG
k_10.JPG

It's funny, I don't mind the tang mod as bad as the muzzle mod. You could just draw file your muzzle flat pretty easily. Looks like it is shooting good. What range?

Other than the muzzle I think it looks good. I would have tried to hide the tang repair better with darker stain though.

Other than the muzzle I think it looks good. I would have tried to hide the tang repair better with darker stain though.

Well, I have a stock that I don't Want the pre inlet lollipop on so I'm covering the entire inlet with a standard long tang. I don't know how long the Kibler inlet is. Maybe too long to cover with an off the shelf tang.

The Muzzle?? I'm a fan of innovation but I don't see the "why" of that Muzzle treatment???

As Warhol (I think 🤔 said) "form follows function)

Ask your wife or your girlfriend which muzzle face she prefers: flat or bevelled.
When I showed your original muzzle beveling picture to my wife her chin dropped and she said “that looks ridiculous”. That should tell you all you need to know about your skills and your Frankenstein SMR. I tried to be nice but your attitude sucks as bad as your building skills,

Back