• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SM SMR Built & Shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 244163

Now you've seen two of them. These are not the only two out there, either, despite uneducated jeers.

Mine is coned on both sides. The outside profile makes it a helluva lot easier to pour powder down the hole without spilling any during the initial tip of the measure.
A dent at the edge of that barrel crown will surely affect accuracy.

Good grief. More people worry about getting ate by a bear than ever got ate by a bear. Every time someone posts something "different" they get dogpiled, it's a wonder anyone bothers to contribute anymore, after all it was all done the only allowable way 200 or more years ago and we cannot improve.

A dent at the edge of that barrel crown will surely affect accuracy.
You're trying to make a point out of nothing. You'd have to ding something hard enough and with enough force to dent steel and you'd have to ding it at such a weird angle to hit the interior of the muzzle. I can only speculate such an act would have to be entirely intentional and well-executed.

It's got to make centering a patch more difficult, can't imagine trying to cut a patch at the muzzle.

Well, hmmm. Ok, I'll just let that part be a mystery to you and your idle speculation remain just that. I'm done helping people to understand new things for the day, my allotment was used up earlier showing someone else who couldn't imagine bending a barrel to straighten it how it's done....even with a couple of photos.

Couple things I have observed, the methods of the build seemed a bit different at times from other builds such as this I have followed, I agree with the get a tang re-placement, The muzzle treatment is not my cup of tea so to speak. But in saying those things I also say it was your dime, your time, your methods resulting in your gun. Enjoy it.

Not really my cup of tea but it's his gun and he stuck with it and finished it and I'm sure he will enjoy it and that's what is important IMHO 👍

Second range trip today. Honestly, with all the people admiring the rifle, asking questions, and watching me shoot, it's hard to focus on my "powder-patch-ball" sequence, and it's a wonder I didn't screw up somewhere along the way. I let one guy shoot it who seemed to be rifle recoil shy and didn't believe me that it wasn't any worse than a .22, so good day at the range, but didn't succeed yet stretching it out to 100 yds.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/sight-picture-vs-hold-for-45-cal-smr.167817/

You butchered that kit. I'm sorry for Jim Kibler's name even being attached to that monstrosity. How could you!?!? And I don't even like Kibler rifles!!!

You butchered that kit. ... And I don't even like Kibler rifles!!!
How do you know that? I stopped the log short of completion. You don't know how it ended. You weren't at the range when and where I shot it and had multiple admirers on both occasions, and some decent shooting results for a first time flintlock shot. I think Kibler would be proud of my results, and I think it's a great sales piece for his products. I can only assume by your personally biased remark that you're just trying to stir up trouble. You don't like Kibler rifles? Maybe the trouble you're trying to brew is against Kibler Long Rifles. Childish. I think someone ought to stop their pouting, grab their blankie and get to bed.

Last edited:
I can just about hear you singing it to yourself in the shower (off-key and a bit flat). You do shower - occasionally, at least, no?
Nope, I run myself threw the crick once a month to keep the ticks and fleas at bay.

Back