• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So Happy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swampy said:
Ohhh wire and Ivory inlays.... :grin: :thumbsup:

I think ivory may be for a future build. :thumbsup: I am thinking about a 23" barrel.. and about a 12 1/2" LOP :thumbsup:

This gun posted here will take a while to be carved, its going to have to wait for a bit. But I should have it drawn out over the next month or so..

Bone and horn were used extensively. Antler was used occasionally. I have a gun planned that will use antler for the box lid, nosecap, and little flowers for lock bolt washers (reworking an old gun of mine much better).

Hey that Stroh-boy! :shocked2:
Great! Just great!
Might be genetic based, Stroh is a german name. Looks like the origins brake through.. :haha:

If my vote counts... Then I´ll vote for a horn nose cap too. :grin: :thumbsup:

I would love to see that when you get it finished... well heck would like to see it during too :haha:

Stophel said:
Hey, are you going to use the set triggers that come with this set? I have the lock and the triggers, neither of which I have gotten around to using.

I didn't get set triggers.. the lock doesn't have a fly, and I prefer a single trigger so... nope :haha:

well a few more progress pics.. I made the trigger and triggerplate, got them inlet and the triggergaurd..

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

By angling the trigger just a touch and moving it back it now has a 13 1/8" LOP

I ended up putting a fly in the tumbler too. It caught a few times in the gun in half cock, tried a few adustments, but I decided a fly was about the best bet.

:hmm: (note to self...) do NOT need a jaeger,,,do not need a Jeager......no matter how good it's lookin, DO NOT NEED A JAEGER!

but dang that's lookin good....that's gonna be a sweet sweet gun......... :nono: DO NOT NEED A JAEGER!

Lookin Great ROY!!! :bow: :bow:

here ya go.. horn nose cap. I will most likely do a bit more shaping when I decide on the carving..

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

and rear sight that will be reduced in size.. but its in and thats a good thing
DSC_0541.jpg

Re-Note to SELF!

(note to self...) do NOT need a jaeger,,,do not need a Jeager......no matter how good it's lookin, DO NOT NEED A JAEGER!

you R not makin this easy!! :cursing:

but that's ...........neat! :haha: :thumbsup:

Lets face it you are going to get one this one looks to sweet to say no to and its not done yet. :surrender: :thumbsup: :blah:

So far, Roy, I really like the muzzle cap of horn, and the engraving on your trigger guard. Hope to see a better picture of that work in some future pictures.

Latest posts

Back