• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

So Happy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Brooks said:
Mind if I send you a couple dozen TRS lock kits? :wink:
:shocked2: :surrender:

Actually I am starting working on another one. Looks to be another really clean casting. Some of them as you know aren't very nice.

I think that's gonna be a special gun when he's done and should be a dandy hunting gun! Said he was gonna spend extra time on it. :thumbsup:

Beautiful, Roy. I agree with Fred about the finish. :thumbsup:

Gotta show my ignorance though. I didn't know that the springs could be cast.

GW

Beautiful work!!! What did you use to freshen up the cast engraving?

Best regards

Rolfkt

Mostly file work, and a bit of wet dry sandpaper here and there to even things out a bit. I didn't do anything to the engraving. Some of the lines are barely there..

updates on the gun...

DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

Looks nice! Not too much drop! It's got Cast off! Nice shaping. :wink:

Hey, are you going to use the set triggers that come with this set? I have the lock and the triggers, neither of which I have gotten around to using.

I was just trying to get the shape right :haha: I have another Jaeger build on the books and wanted t make sure that I had enough cast to deal with the lack of drop. With out a pattern I decided best to use my stock :haha:

It will roughly have a 13 1/4" LOP I think I could have gotten away with a 13" fine and it would have still fit me. It will weigh right at 7 lbs when finished and the balance is right in front of the lock.... :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back