• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Mountain vs. Tennessee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to see'em all. Original, converted, repaired, over-used, rusted beyond repair,etc. This would give a better idea of a lot of variances in design.

If You want to see a lot both contemporary, and antique Try the blog spot at http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/ Scroll around to April, and May. Also search for the Norris Southern Show. If you can't find something on this sie, you're hopeless :rotf: Here's some of the pic's I took at the show two years ago.
IMG_0370.jpg

Jan Riser Photographing A Hershel House I owned

IMG_0374.jpg

Hershel House
IMG_0381.jpg

Okwaho- Tom Patton

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Below are a few of mine
IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

A Steve Bookout-Bookie's Miss Magie, And The Hershel House Hershel has one grease hole. The stickers on the Bookout are from the Sgt. York over the log shoot in Pall Mall Tennessee. Below it is A .40 by Ken Guy- Packdog, And the curly walnut is by Keith Lisle- Birddog6
IMG_0373.jpg

Hershel, Me and The Rifle. There's quality pic's of it on the blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last one was getting a little long, Here's a few more.
IMG_0383.jpg

Dennis Glazner, author of a history of the Gilespie family of gunmakers. He's ogling the House rifle. Another great book to own.
IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Jim Chambers, left, and Ed Rayle, right talking what else but barrels, and locks :)
IMG_0364.jpg

Mel Hankla taking a break on the porch at the museum. If you go to the show in Norris at the Museum of the Appilachia, you get to tour the whole museum also, and the smoked pork sandwiches are to die for. I have some more pic's, but I have to load them to PBucket first.

Bill

A Soddy-Daisey, an ugly-beautiful type of East Tennessee
5165-01.jpg

5165-07.jpg

They have a very distinctive profile, with a diamond shaped butt
5165-10.jpg

Bill

Back