• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Call it curiosity but I’ve been wondering. Been looking a lot into “southern mountain rifles” and got to thinking about what a pistol built by one of the many makers would look like. Friend of mine wants me to build her an SMR and I’d like to make her a pistol to match it but I’d like to keep it in the same style. Anyone have pictures of any originals? I know trade pistols were common as well as percussion revolvers later on but I’m talking early percussion era. I know of the Asa Waters pistols and like them but I’d prefer something more visibly matching to the SMR. I’ll reiterate. Does anyone have any pictures of original guns made by any of the schools down south? Thanks!

Back