• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a thought a while back that many older craftsmen at Pedersoli and others, left and never came back after the covid shutdown. The cost of overseas shipping, monetary exchange rates, labor costs in Italy, all add up. We should be grateful for the companies still making our beloved stuff!

There was a thought a while back that many older craftsmen at Pedersoli and others, left and never came back after the covid shutdown. The cost of overseas shipping, monetary exchange rates, labor costs in Italy, all add up. We should be grateful for the companies still making our beloved stuff!
Oh don’t get me wrong I’m grateful they’re still producing. That’s just their model I have a vendetta against because of how simple it is and how expensive they sell it for. $1200 for 3 moving parts is a bit much. If it were one of their highly decorated models I could understand but just a simple underhammer they checkered

I think the book is Guns and Gun Making Tools of Southern Appalachia. But it has some pistol examples made up in the Mountains. Think very simple and unadorned almost crude.

Back