• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

special barrel for heavyshot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scota4570 said:
You can use this stuff and pretend it is lead.
[url] http://www.niceshotinc.com/[/url]

It is more expensive than hevishot.

COOL! Though expensive at US$18.36/lb. Right now, Ballistic Products lists Bismuth at US$14.28/lb and HS at US$18.56/lb. I'd expect Tungsten Matrix to be in this range, if it's ever available in bulk on this side of the Atlantic (it's apparently available in the UK). Those of us with limited incomes are just hooped, and that's before we look at Canadian prices!

I currently use BiSn #4s (approximately equivalent to lead #5s ballistically) for ducks and close-in geese, and I keep trying to talk my partners into splitting a bottle of BiSn #2s (sort of like Pb #3s) for dedicated goose loads. Using my suppository double 12ga with steel for some of the hunting cuts the average cost somewhat.

I don't really trust steel for geese in reasonable loads in my unchoked 16ga other than at very short range, but my wallet would sure appreciate it if I can get a usable duck load in steel (probably #3s, maybe #2s), and I'd REALLY like to work up speed-loaded (probably paper-cartridge) swatter load in Fe #5s or #7s. Besides the cost, BiSn #4s are just too large for that use.

Joel

p.s. - another, somewhat flippant, response to the new shot is: KEWL - belted shot for birding loads in a Brunswick rifle!

Last edited by a moderator:
nice shot sounds good.. im going to wait tho, as i got in on the first bismuth.. the first stuff came in a white elongated tube shaped bottle and was brittle, some of it shattering in the gun and in the game when it hit hard bone sometimes... nice shot should get better quality, rounder, and more equal sizes etc as time goes on...(or maybe just fade away) dave

Latest posts

Back