• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirll stew

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yum yum :grin:
Used my 12ga and my freind used his Mortimer 12ga. I decided that what we got would go in the pot and I would take it to work for my lunch through the week, so three squirlls and three wood pigeon and some beef-- no we didn,t shoot the beef :shake: went into the stew with sweet potatoes, normal potatoes, two onions, loads of garlic, three stock cubes, rice and a good dollop of peper :grin:
We were using a mix of 4 and 5s shot but after a few sessions over recent weeks we have come to the conclusion that this course shot is to hit and miss and feel 7s&6s is better. I recon a pattern with more strikes is better than say one pellet striking less than perfect say.
Any way m/l food tastes better no matter how you get it and to all you guys hunting those great birds ( you lucky $%&***!?) congrats and good luck :hatsoff:

Hunters stew. Ya hunt around and throw what ya find in the pot! :thumbsup:

Bon appetite.

I can't shoot squirrels til June 2nd and only on W.M.A. lands.Can't wait to make squirrel and dumplings!!!!!

boy all this talk bout squirrel i had to go and take 2 outta the freezer fer dinner tommorrow night :thumbsup: :v ..............bob

It,s not very popular in Britain for some reason :confused: I don,t bother with them usually but some how a whole new value becomes them when hunted with a M/L, I,m sure you understand :thumbsup: Another good point to M/L shotguning is that they don,t beet up the meat as does a nitro rear entry wizz banger does :winking:

Flintlocks and squirrels just refreshes a mans soul :thumbsup: fried squirrel, biscuits and gravy, supper fit for a king :grin:

Latest posts

Back