• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SQUIRREL HUNTING RIG

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been hunting almost everything with my trusty smoothbore. 62 cal fowler. The bag is from Germany. Its almost 35 yrs old.
The horn, knife and sheath are by my hand.
IMG_1744.jpeg

Someone earlier suggested a thread to show squirrel hunting rigs. Seems squirrel hunting is very popular amongst our crowd.

View attachment 336439Here’s a pic of mine. Like to see more.

Jetmech, Could you post full length, left and right side, photos of that beautiful gun? Would be greatly appreciated.

Kev,
That is beautiful work.

Tell us about the fowler. Is that an original or contemporary?
Thank you Jetmech. Its a TOTW gun built over 25 years ago by a friend of mine. I traded an Enfield muskettoon for it and have never looked back.
It’s 62 cal. 20 gauge. Shoots roundball very very well and has accounted for a good number of squirrels also.

Well you guys have shown some great stuff so far. Haven't had time to get my stuff together for pictures but I'm sure y'all won't be too impressed with my old rifles after seeing some of these posted so far. But I like em... While in the shop making loading blocks this afternoon I had a couple minutes so went ahead and made a new block for my .36. maybe tomorrow I'll attach it to the bag, throw a rifle in with it, and take some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_20240727_184827839.jpg
    IMG_20240727_184827839.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Well you guys have shown some great stuff so far. Haven't had time to get my stuff together for pictures but I'm sure y'all won't be too impressed with my old rifles after seeing some of these posted so far. But I like em... While in the shop making loading blocks this afternoon I had a couple minutes so went ahead and made a new block for my .36. maybe tomorrow I'll attach it to the bag, throw a rifle in with it, and take some pics...
Please post your rigs, rifles included. I like looking at old rifles that can tell us all, some fine stories just be looking at them.

Take Care Stay Safe

Please post your rigs, rifles included. I like looking at old rifles that can tell us all, some fine stories just be looking at them.

Take Care Stay Safe
Yes sir. Will try to do that tomorrow. Might throw in my old .45 smoothbore. It's an interesting piece. Don't know how old it is but it's seen a bunch of changes. I believe it started out as a flint but was converted to caps. Used to be a full stock but somebody changed it to half and added a pewter nose cap. Patch box added I don't think was original but not sure. Several holes in the top of the barrel where folks before me changed sights a few times. She's a rough old girl but I love her. Great for when the leaves are up.

Tim, I like those blocks, if you are ever making them for sale I’d buy a few.

I like the old rifles too, most of mine are originals and a bit rough. I like guns that have some history, even if I don’t know what that history is.

Looking forward to seeing your rifles and rigs.

Jeff

Back