• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel season 2021

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I enjoyed last years squirrel thread. Ididn’t want to jump into the other guys squirrel threads. So let’s see some squirrel hunting pictures.

I’ve been out twice. I scouted
0500FB9D-4E67-47A4-A8A5-2243076D3926.jpeg
yesterday a little with my dog checking hickories. I went in this morning for a couple hours. I saw a couple and heard some others. I got one shot and got him. I hope to get out at least one more morning this week. It’s finally cooled off.

I'm still waiting for it to cool off a bit more. Hanging around the mid eighties here. Couple more weeks and I will be at it. Like you, I really enjoyed the squirrel thread last year and am glad to see more threads on this subject. I will be starting this season with my TC Cherokee in .40. What are you shooting?

Tim, I’m shooting the same gun in .32. I get the heat thing. Our season opened on the 11th which was a real nice day. Then the heat came back for two weeks and I didn’t go. It’s cooled again so I’m trying to get out as much as my busy life will allow. I’m a taxidermist and bow season starts Saturday so my hunting time will soon coming to a halt for the fall. I hope you get cooler weather soon. Keep us posted when you get out! Jim

$_1.JPG

I bought one of these over fifty years ago and it still works.
The old George Herters catalog was as thick as a phone book and every February I would be in great anticipation awaiting its arrival. He had more hunting and fishing good's, and do it your self raw materials than every other outdoor catalog combined, it was good stuff too!!! Heck, just reading the advertisements and Georges anecdotes were as entertaining as heck!!!!!! I still enjoy hunting with a call and interacting with the game I'm after. Last year I got a nice buck I spotted about 180 yds. away and called him into bow range by burping. Men are blessed with the ability to burp on command and if you do it right, it sounds just like a grunting deer.
Robby

Squirrel hunting has always been a favorite with me. Fun to hunt, good to eat. I have two 36 cal rifles and a 32 cal, all cap guns. Unfortunately it is a 180 mile drive one way for me to hunt them. Yuma to almost Flagstaff. I' m going to try it at least once this year with my hunting pard.

Tim, I’m shooting the same gun in .32. I get the heat thing. Our season opened on the 11th which was a real nice day. Then the heat came back for two weeks and I didn’t go. It’s cooled again so I’m trying to get out as much as my busy life will allow. I’m a taxidermist and bow season starts Saturday so my hunting time will soon coming to a halt for the fall. I hope you get cooler weather soon. Keep us posted when you get out! Jim
Will do. Can't wait to get after some tree rats. I hope you get plenty of business but also that you can get out from time to time. A man needs his time in the woods.

today is the second day of the squirrel season in Az. and I'm 180 miles away from the little dears. Hopefully soon I'll get up there.

Robby, ever try two new quarters rubbed together, stack one on top of the other and hold them between your thumb and ponter finger then slide them back and forth, the newer quarters work best. Still too warm here and I will not hunt squirrels until the second hard frost. Once that happens its off too the woods.

Nice shooting guys. I didn’t get out yet.😞 Since I’m on vacation this week (camping) hopefully I’ll get out if the rain holds off. 🙏🏻

More challenging than popping them with a 22 but definitely more rewarding. It's a Traditions Crockett rifle that I stripped and refinished the stock on

Robby, ever try two new quarters rubbed together, stack one on top of the other and hold them between your thumb and ponter finger then slide them back and forth, the newer quarters work best. Still too warm here and I will not hunt squirrels until the second hard frost. Once that happens its off too the woods.
Never heard of that one. I'll give it a go, thanks!!!!
Robby

Back