• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel time.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is not currently a bounty on grey squirrels, is there Btits?

Spence

Britsmoothy said:
Not that I am aware of Spence. The place is crawling with them!
I've know the grey is considered an invasive species in the UK, and there have been various schemes for the last 75 years to stop their advance because they out compete the native red squirrels for habitat and food, and can carry a virus which is harmless to them but deadly to the reds. Bounties have been offered in the past, but I had the impression that, and everything else that was tried, was ineffective and the greys keep increasing. Dark cloud for the red squirrels, but a silver lining for the squirrel hunters, I guess.

We have two species of squirrels, grey and fox, and a lot of people think they are also in competition, but on my hunting grounds they seem to live side by side, and i frequently bring home some of each from a hunt. Are your red squirrels hunted? I don't know why, but I believe there was also a bounty on them for a long time.

Spence

Back