• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

squrrils qivering in there nests.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
he word is out on the chatter line. I will behaving squrril stew for dinner on 8-15. the squrril killer is out in the woods. :thumbsup:

I hope you do as well as these fellows did. :haha:

"The Pennsylvania Gazette
Date: November 28, 1765
BOSTON, November 14.
We hear from Stoughton, that on Monday, the 4th of this Instant, Twenty Men went out in the Morning to hunt after squirrels, who returned the same Evening, having killed 1563 of those Animals."

Spence

colorado clyde said:
That's a minimum of 78 shots/squirrels per man....if no one misses...
That's hard to fathom...
There are quite a few reports from the 18th and early 19th century of plagues of squirrels, like lemmings, pouring down from the north by the millions, destroying crops and mast so that farmers and their animals were starving. They got together as a community effort to try protecting themselves from them, killed immense numbers of them. Blane, Ohio Valley, 1922-23:

"In parts of Ohio, the people attempted to destroy them by means of guns, dogs, and clubs. One party of hunters, in the course of a week, killed upwards of 19,000. In most places however, there were such multitudes of them, that the inhabitants quite despaired of being able to rid themselves of this plague."

I would assume the party of 20 who killed 1563 in one day were doing it as such an effort.

Spence

Back