• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stay safe!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was pheasant hunting today again.
Same gun as before, unwashed.
Any way retrieving my last bird and with a now empty gun I stabbed the barrels into soft earth!
Check out the muzzles!
IMG_20191004_170557_990.jpg

The gun is now flushed clean with hot and boiling water, dried and greased.

Stay safe folks.

B.

Yup, had a partner stumble in our recent elk camp and stuffed his muzzle into wet sand while hunting down near the river. Said he cleaned it as best he could with thin alder shoots and then washed it in the river, flushing water through. Wiped things dry, loaded and test fired into the bank. Was nervous but afterward had his piece of mind restored.
Walk

Yup, had a partner stumble in our recent elk camp and stuffed his muzzle into wet sand while hunting down near the river. Said he cleaned it as best he could with thin alder shoots and then washed it in the river, flushing water through. Wiped things dry, loaded and test fired into the bank. Was nervous but afterward had his piece of mind restored.
Walk
In Army basic in 1966, a guy in my squad got sand in the flash-hider of his M-14; upon firing, the flash hider peeled back just like a cartoon gun or banana peel. No other damage or injury, but it was kind of funny; guess the armory would have to determine if any barrel damage.

Latest posts

Back