• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stephen E Ambrose

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Undaunted Courage is a very good book (as are most of his others). I believe he was accused of plagarism in his last book about the air war in Europe. It is my understanding that his son wrote sections of this book and the story as to who did the plagarizing is muddied somewhat. Ambrose passed away shortly after that book was published.

You will find a few errors in his books, but they are very readable and interesting. He was a good writer. I enjoyed his books Citizen Soldier, D-Day and Band of Brothers.

Stephen Ambrose is one of my favorite authors. As stated he loved history. As for the plagarism he said that anyone who wrote of history is repeating the stories of others. At least he wasn't like that vice-president we have who stood up in the senate and gave a speach almost to the word stolen from a member of the British parlament. One sharp reporter caught it and called his hand on it causing him to give a somewhat excuse. As they say the rest is history!

Back