• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

stock joining problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickman15

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Im trying to join my Traditions Kentucky rifle, but the predrilled holes on the butt stock are at an angle, so when I try to attach the fore stock there is a gap at the top. Should I try to redrill at an angle so the pins are further down than angled up (guess i depends how you look at it)

this is a good option, but I have a feeling they would not be willing to do this for free. I sent an email of to them this PM, hopefully I get a good response. Is this situation completely unfixable?

Hmmmmm.....I guess I might drill the stock holes a bit over size and fit the plate so it is completely flat and in the correct place. Then you could put a bit of epoxy in the holes and fit the plate. You could put some release agent/wax on the pins and then the plate COULD be removed if the need arose.

If you try to drill the holes oversize and put epoxy in them it might be a good idea to use the barrel in the barrel channel to align the pieces of wood so they are straight when the epoxy sets up.

A little paste wax on the barrels flats in the area of the epoxy will keep the barrel from getting stuck to it when it hardens.

If this is one of those guns with the brass spacer between the forearm and the butt don't forget to insert it before you glue things together.

Back