• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stormy weather....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
makes it so much harder but so much more rewarding!

My spaniel flushed a nice rooster and soon after a rabbit too.

The wind was gusting strong and made for excellent sport on the pigeon and crow.

First job when home was shower the dog in warm water. Over 7 years now and she is the best dog in the world :thumbsup:

Brits.

:hatsoff:

Wonderful!
How long did it take to get dry :grin: ?

Congratulations to this fine hunt- you are truely blessed.

Silex

Could we get a picture of your Spaniel, Sir? My English Springer male will soon be 5yrs and is a multi-game dog as well. He's the best friend i've ever had! He could care less what i shoot, as long as he can "fetch it" to hand. Thank You, Buzzard

Your 10 ga. just looks great in the picture with the crow and you looking at the double bbl.
How did you keep your powder dry in those tubes?
Hats off to you for hunting in the rain and wind..
You know !You have the makings of a half-baked duck hunter..HaHa!
A Good dog is priceless..Enjoy Yours :thumbsup:

Ft. Jefferson said:
Could we get a picture of your Spaniel, Sir? My English Springer male will soon be 5yrs and is a multi-game dog as well. He's the best friend i've ever had! He could care less what i shoot, as long as he can "fetch it" to hand. Thank You, Buzzard

Took this shot in summer:

She retrieves everything and is hunting nuts!
Here she is retrieving a fox!

She is a sprocker (springerxcocker spaniel).

B :hatsoff:

"My sproket 'Rocket'!"...sorry too many times round the punchbowl! :haha:
If fact, she's beautiful, and judging from the photos not showing chewed up birds, she's got a soft mouth. I congratulate you for the fortunate man you are! :hatsoff:
My only other thought was now you only need 'three and twenty blackbirds' more! Sorry, it's the idiot syndrome! :wink:

Congrats on another fine hunt :thumbsup: That's a great looking lady you have there as well. :hatsoff:

rawhidekid said:
Great looking dog, I only hope that blood on her left foreleg is the fox's not hers. :thumbsup:
Yes fox's blood. Notice how she drags it by the tail!
She growls at the trailing foxs head as it swings towards her back end. Very soft mouthed she is. Trys to pick rabbits up by the skin!

B.

Thanks for posting the excellent pictures! Neat to see all the different birds and animals...and I always love a good dog photo. :hatsoff:

I didn't realize until just the other day watching a dog show that Springers and Cockers used to be in the same litters from the same parents! The Cockers, being smaller, were used for hunting woodcock..hence the name "cocker" and the springers were the larger. They didn't go into any more details, but I can only assume that as time went on those that wanted the cocker features only bred the small ones together and same for the springers, and now we have two breeds.

Spikebuck said:
Thanks for posting the excellent pictures! Neat to see all the different birds and animals...and I always love a good dog photo. :hatsoff:

I didn't realize until just the other day watching a dog show that Springers and Cockers used to be in the same litters from the same parents! The Cockers, being smaller, were used for hunting woodcock..hence the name "cocker" and the springers were the larger. They didn't go into any more details, but I can only assume that as time went on those that wanted the cocker features only bred the small ones together and same for the springers, and now we have two breeds.

Hey....I did not know that :hatsoff: thanks.

Brits.

Brits, you do get out after the game! That looks like a day out in the western Oregon rain. Your dog looks like she could step off the canvas of an 18th-century painting. I do love a spaniel.
Just a question: do you ever do anything with a crow or rook, or is this more simply a matter of thinning the numbers of an enemy of agricultural husbandry? Crows are not used in any way I know of here in the Colonies, er, States.

BillinOregon said:
Brits, you do get out after the game! That looks like a day out in the western Oregon rain. Your dog looks like she could step off the canvas of an 18th-century painting. I do love a spaniel.
Just a question: do you ever do anything with a crow or rook, or is this more simply a matter of thinning the numbers of an enemy of agricultural husbandry? Crows are not used in any way I know of here in the Colonies, er, States.

Colonies :applause: the one colony we shuddna of lost by so stuck up and stupid! :shake: :thumbsup:

No I just hate them...too many of them! Ground nesting birds have no chance when a plague of crows are about! Worms n' maggot love 'em :hatsoff:

B :hatsoff:

Britsmoothy said:
Worms n' maggot love 'em

:rotf:

Seriously though...they are an extremely intelligent bird. Do you get them by just happening upon them or do you really "hunt" them by trying to call or decoy them in? I saw an old Fred Bear movie where they hid with bows and arrows (flu-flus) and then called wildly like another crow and the real crows just came streaming in. They got several of them even with bows. Looked like a hoot!

The only thing I can think of to say is that I am green with envy. Such a beautiful dog! I used to have a shotgun like yours. It was so sweet but I made the mistake of trading it off. I kick my own butt every time I see someone with one. It just reminds me that I should have kept mine.

Spikebuck said:
Britsmoothy said:
Worms n' maggot love 'em

:rotf:

Seriously though...they are an extremely intelligent bird. Do you get them by just happening upon them or do you really "hunt" them by trying to call or decoy them in? I saw an old Fred Bear movie where they hid with bows and arrows (flu-flus) and then called wildly like another crow and the real crows just came streaming in. They got several of them even with bows. Looked like a hoot!

Call them sometimes or wait next to a roosting sight on dusk sometimes.
Decoy also, have pictures but not frontstuffers and I don't want Claud emptying his blunderbus on me!
Just had a farmer on the phone about crows digging his seeds up! Scores of them!
Never used a bow on them! Them archers are something else!

B :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back