• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sweat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked in a 5X7 offset corner of my garage by the water heater for 18 years, this was in Alabama. When it got too hot, I pulled my bandsaw out under a maple tree in the front yard.

When I built my retirement home with a shop, I had them make a cut out in the wall for a wall unit that heated and cooled, like was mentioned, some of the best money I ever spent. There it is on the back wall; I had the walls and ceiling heavily insulated as well.

View attachment 327935
Very nice, sir.

I have a climate controlled shop. But, Im a sweaty pig when working with hand tools and the sort. I have built hundred and hundreds of self bows that soaked up more sweat that a hippies dew rag at a Dead concert. After sanding and scraping and so on it was never evident. I wouldn't sweat it:)

To add to that. I just completed a .54 Woodsrunner. It to sucked up a quart of sweat on the stock and metal parts. It looks just dandy.

I've been in Tombstone the last 2 weeks. 8 percent humidity and 105 temp. Nice to visit but it is way to dry for me. Can't breath. Skin is cracking. Dust on and in everything. But I don't sweat here. I will sure be glad to leave and see something green.
I go to Az. every year, usually in July/Aug. to hike around the mountains. Hard to adapt to for us Florida guys. Cracked lips, dry nose and yes, I like forests, swamps, and trees

We had a dog in the garage so I installed a window unit. The poor mutt died of old age but I still put the ac in. Tools cost too much. You should see the water outside.

I worked in a 5X7 offset corner of my garage by the water heater for 18 years, this was in Alabama. When it got too hot, I pulled my bandsaw out under a maple tree in the front yard.

When I built my retirement home with a shop, I had them make a cut out in the wall for a wall unit that heated and cooled, like was mentioned, some of the best money I ever spent. There it is on the back wall; I had the walls and ceiling heavily insulated as well.

View attachment 327935
Eric, your clean and tidy shop gives me the hebbie gebbies!
actually mi makes me ashamed of my mess.
we seldom get above 85 here but the humidity can be 90%. i have more trouble keeping warm than cool.

Back