• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tiny Priming Type Powder Flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ALL. Just thought I would post this for fun. Maybe some of you have seen this flask advertised for sale on another website. And at the price, I just had to order one. It's definitely the smallest powder flask I've ever seen. And it appears to be of good quality. I suppose it's made in India. But no matter. It's a usable flask. At first glance I was trying to figure out how to fill it with powder. But immediately there after noticed the the entire head assembly unscrews for easy filling. The seller says the spout discharges about 3-4 grains of powder. I haven't measured that but appears about right. This would be good for use with little "muff" size/boot pistols for both loading and priming. LOL Anyway, IMO it's made nice and is perfectly usable.

Rick

DSC03265 (Medium).JPG
DSC03266 (Medium).JPG
DSC03267 (Medium).JPG
DSC03268 (Medium).JPG

In the process of making a priming horn from a Mountain Goat horn. Had it all smoothed and polished, a gorgeous jet black. Then the new pup "borrowed" it off my desk, resulting in a new round of various grits of sandpaper, a file or two, more buffing.
Spring-loaded discharge tip from Track releases 2 grains 4F, screw-off butt end for refilling. I'll post a pic or two when finished, if Sugar will refrain from using it as a teething ring.
Not as dainty as the pistol "horn" above, holds about 3 oz of powder.

Hi Craig

Please do post your goat horn when it's done. Your post reminded me: I have this pair of horns from a Springbok in Africa. I bought these to have a small priming horn made for use with my Eastern flintlocks. But somehow I forgot about. Thanks for the reminder. LOL

Rick
001 (Medium).JPG

Be glad to, Rick. Those Springbok horns are pretty neat with the corrugations. Mountain goat horns are very smooth - and very black. I want to try some scrimshaw on the horn, but would have to fill the etchings with white paint to make it visible. Or maybe some gold leaf; that would be nifty!

Back