• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sweet Pea & Squirrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gradog

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I had my .32 (Sweet Pea) out shooting last week getting ready for Sept. 1st NY Tree Rat season. Last year was pretty much a wash out and only got a few. Hoping to get a bunch this year for some stew. Got the Hickory and Acorn trees all picked out now all I need is Squirrels.

Last year their food supply didn't cut it so they seemed to travel to areas a bit better stocked. I'd guess the reproduction was affected but I don't know what the effect of all that will be. I'm hoping for a bumper crop to make up for last season.

Boy that is tough having to wait that long to hunt squirrels. I remember when we had to wait till Labor Day, but not anymore... Memorial Day weekend is our opener. Good luck and enjoy!

Back