• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sylvan Hart

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stykbow

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Did any of y’all ever meet Sylvan Hart (aka Buckskin Bill)? I read about him a long time ago and just read a republished magazine article about him. Seemed to have been an interesting character. I know some of you guys have been around the block a time or two so I thought I’d ask. If you met him, what did you think? Was he the real deal as portrayed in print?

Cool! Hadn’t heard about this guy in a while. I read several articles and watched some videos of him years ago. What I understand from those is that he did live alone in a secluded region but apparently was not an unfriendly person. It appears he was willing to share his ideas and methods with other folks. At least that’s what I get from the articles and videos.

Yeah, about 44 years ago. 😉 He lived alone on the Snake River in Idaho. At least one book and several magazine articles were written about him. It’s some interesting stuff.
Didn’t recognize the name but I do recall a skinner in Idaho that was in some stories I had read
I recall a photo of him on a home made rifeling machine making his own rifles

Latest posts

Back