• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Flintlock Parts (Cockscrew)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime this week, all the new parts for my T/C flinter should show up. One thing I notice about the old hammer is that it does not center the jaws on the frizzen. If you center a flint in the jaws, the flint will significantly overhang the frizzen to the left. You can certainly move the flint to center on the frizzen, but then it's far to the right in the jaws. Wonder why they designed it that way? Also, there is significant lateral play in the frizzen indicating a loose fit on the frizzen screw. Is this normal?

PaBorn said:
Sometime this week, all the new parts for my T/C flinter should show up. One thing I notice about the old hammer is that it does not center the jaws on the frizzen. If you center a flint in the jaws, the flint will significantly overhang the frizzen to the left. You can certainly move the flint to center on the frizzen, but then it's far to the right in the jaws. Wonder why they designed it that way?
Also, there is significant lateral play in the frizzen indicating a loose fit on the frizzen screw. Is this normal?
With all your comments about the frizzen, it definitely sounds like there's at least a frizzen problem or a problem with the frizzen pivot screw, or the frizzen 'bridle' that the screw slides through to support the frizzen...did you recently buy the lock used?

Also some shade-tree flintlock "expert" may have tinkered with it, possibly installed an aftermarket frizzen that doesn't fit correctly, just no telling...can you post some really detailed closeup photos of it? Reason I ask is to help determine if it's a complete 100% TC lock assembbly...if so, you can just mail the whole lock to TC and they'll make it right under lifetime warranty...but if you send it with aftermarket parts installed they probably won't.

Back