• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Renegade Sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Sarge

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Renegade with a GM barrel marked for Knight on the box...not on the barrel. There is clearly visible a third screw hole just showing in front of the rear sight. Anyone know of a buckhorn or semi-buckhorn aftermarket sight that will line up with these holes. Also a dovetailed front sight to match. Hate the sights on it...but they are very accurate. Vendor and P/N if possible. Thanks in advance

Are the screw holes already drilled and does it come with mounting screws. What front sight do you use?

There are indents for drilling your own holes, and room for more or different if you like.

It's a low sight, so I had to change to a basic blade up front, then file to height. TC/GM front sights are .500" tall- way too tall for anything but those tall rear sights they use.

Have you taken the rear sight off? The reason I ask is that every GM barrel I have seen had only 2 holes. The previous owner may have just used the rear hole for some reason. (to get his eye closer to the sight). Check it out.

Bob

No, I havent taken the sight off, the barrel is brand new. Does the factory only use one screw to hold the rear sight in place? Maybe I do need to take the rear sight off to see. Thanks

all my green mountain barrels have two holes spaced for renegade sight but the sight they use only uses one hole. one earlier barrel had an imitation of t/c hawken sight, the others had a williams sight. luck to ya and have a good'en friend, bubba.

My GM 32-7/8" LOA, 1:70, Renegade barrel has two holes for the rear sight. They are spaced 7/8"(?) apart and the first one is 25-1/8" from the muzzle.
While my barrel came from GM with front and rear (only used one hole) sights, I replaced the rear with a tang mounted TC Hunter peep and the front with the old factory Renegade partridge style blade.
HTH

BrownBear said:
This is my pick.
===========================================================================

This is the same sight modified..did not care for the high buck horn fingers.... ..great fit to barrel...browned finish..may need to take some wood off the stock comb due to lowering the sights.Most T/C Hawkens and Renegades have plenty of wood to spare...*Note you will need to order-buy tapered head screws for this sight.
IMG_1100.jpg

this is the mods done to the front sight....gm dropin

big round bead removed(covered 6" @ 50yards)..thinned and trimmed sight..brass back soldiered on...blued to match barrel.Keep these at 50 to 70 thousands wide..able to fit front blade into 1.5 inch black target dot @ 50yards.
IMG_21491.jpg

I like it...Anybody else have any more options. So far this is the one. Help me out guys.

Back