• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Sight Replacement...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Note: Yes, I did a search, and yes, I did find information in the direction I was looking.

That said, new things come out often, so I am compelled to ask the following...

I want to replace the stock front and rear sight on my T/C Hawken (.54).

I am wanting a blade up front and a squared off sight in the rear.

1. Is there an adjustable option for a squared off rear sight where the top isn't a partridge style?
2. If "no" or "yes" to #1 (regarding adjustable), what is the best option that does not require me to dovetail (above my level of technical expertise) for an install?
3. If there is not an option for a squared off rear sight that doesn't need a dovetail, what is the best buckhorn option that, again, does not require a dovetail?
4. If not to all the above, then what do you recommend, as I do not like the stock sights.

And, pardon all the questions. I am loving becoming part of the community.
As a teacher (middle school social studies for the last twenty years), asking and answering a lot of questions is part of my nature.

Note: Yes, I did a search, and yes, I did find information in the direction I was looking.

That said, new things come out often, so I am compelled to ask the following...

I want to replace the stock front and rear sight on my T/C Hawken (.54).

I am wanting a blade up front and a squared off sight in the rear.

1. Is there an adjustable option for a squared off rear sight where the top isn't a partridge style?
2. If "no" or "yes" to #1 (regarding adjustable), what is the best option that does not require me to dovetail (above my level of technical expertise) for an install?
3. If there is not an option for a squared off rear sight that doesn't need a dovetail, what is the best buckhorn option that, again, does not require a dovetail?
4. If not to all the above, then what do you recommend, as I do not like the stock sights.

And, pardon all the questions. I am loving becoming part of the community.
As a teacher (middle school social studies for the last twenty years), asking and answering a lot of questions is part of my nature.
try looking at a skinner rear and matching front.
personally i like their rear peep . have a couple in a drawer awaiting something to live on.
https://skinnersights.com/collections/thompson-center/products/thompson-center-renegade-sight

Back