• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC 32 Cal Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Trapper

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Those of you who have a 32 cal Cherokee, what dia ball are you using? I noticed TC recommends a .315 ball, but I currently have half a doz boxes of .310 balls on hand. At $3 a box I bought all the .310 balls in stock. Was just wondering if anyone was using the recommended .315 balls? And if so what kind of luck they were having with them compared to the .310 balls?

Try all varibles and see what works in your gun.Mine like a .310 RB,.010 red pillow,and 20grs of FFFg.

Just try different thicknesses of patching. I would start with .015 and work up to .020-.022 thick fabric.

God bless

I use a lee .311 ball with .018 pocket drill. Perfect tight fit.stiff start with the short starter,then slides down easily.

Back