• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC cleaning rods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shdwlkr

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know the length and diameter of these rods
tc hawken 50 caliber
TC renegade 54 caliber
Tc seneca 36 caliber
tc cherokee 32 caliber
I find I am missing cleaning rods for all my muzzleloaders. Maybe it is a divorce thing as I just went through that last year.
thanks for all the help now once I know this the hunt is on for the cleaning rods also.

My T/C Hawken ramrod is 28.5". I think the Renegade is also 28.5". There are 32" inch versions out there as well. Get a dowel rod from a hardware or arts and crafts store and stick it down the barrel and mark it so you can measure it. Track of the Wolf, The Possibles Shop, and others sell replacement ramrods. A Cleaning/Range rod needs to be a couple of inches longer than the ramrod that goes with the longest gun barrel you have. The stouter the better as a range rod doesn't need to fit into the ramrod stowage rings under the barrel. You may want to get one with a handle as well. It makes for easier cleaning.

T/C Hawken Caplock 3/8 x 28 1/2
T/C Hawken Flintlock 3/8 x 28 3/4
Renegade Caplock and Flintlock 3/8 x 26 3/4
Seneca 36 cal. 5/16 (.312)dia. x 27 1/2
These are what my rods measure. The best way to measure, whould be slide a 3/8 rod down the rod holder, and mark it at the end of the barrel, then remove the rod and measure it. New 3/8 rod will acutally measure .365, which is normal and that is what the original rods measured. I do not know the lenth of a 54 Renegade, but the method I described, should work. Track of the Wolf and others have hickory rods, but I have special range and field rods that I use and sometimes use oak rods from Lowes, or Wood Crafters for display. Good luck.

Mark Meredith said:
My T/C Hawken ramrod is 28.5". I think the Renegade is also 28.5". There are 32" inch versions out there as well. Get a dowel rod from a hardware or arts and crafts store and stick it down the barrel and mark it so you can measure it. Track of the Wolf, The Possibles Shop, and others sell replacement ramrods. A Cleaning/Range rod needs to be a couple of inches longer than the ramrod that goes with the longest gun barrel you have. The stouter the better as a range rod doesn't need to fit into the ramrod stowage rings under the barrel. You may want to get one with a handle as well. It makes for easier cleaning.

I was going to post the same thing. But, I felt stating something so simple and obvious might sound insulting.
Glad you helped him.

I'm a lawyer & collect divorce stories. I'll add this one to my collection. :>) or,actually, :

Latest posts

Back