• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Hawken Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you remember the name of the TC Hawken rifle that had the blued hardware instead of brass?
Thanks,
Taylor in Texas

I think you are refering to the Renegade. The hardware is blued and it does not have a patch box. I have one in .54 with a Green Mountain Barrel. I couldnt be happier with it.

No, I've got a renegade. I've seen a couple of hawkens over the years that had blued hardware. This was a limited run gun, but I can't remember what it was called. We have even talked about it on this forum, but I couldn't find the string.
Taylor in Texas

texan said:
No, I've got a renegade. I've seen a couple of hawkens over the years that had blued hardware. This was a limited run gun, but I can't remember what it was called. We have even talked about it on this forum, but I couldn't find the string.
Taylor in Texas

Their Cougar rifle had stainless hardware...

Didn't the T/C Pennsylvania Hunter have blued hardware installed on it?

It may have been a limited run of the Hawken line just to assess the market for such an option.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

texan said:
Do any of you remember the name of the TC Hawken rifle that had the blued hardware instead of brass?
Thanks,
Taylor in Texas
In the mid 90's there was a commemorative run of a Hawken model called the "Hawken Custom".

Presentation grade wood, deep luster blue/black polished furniture with matching barrel, .50cal caplock only.

I traded a used marlin .30-30 for a brand new one a guy had won in a raffle but he had no use for muzzleloaders.

Got it, opened the box, realized that I could literally see my teeth in the mirror finish and also realized it would scratch up in a heartbeat...no way I could carry it into the woods...put it back in the box and sold it a couple weeks later.

I stand corrected! :redface: That rifle sounds like a nice one. I have never seen one. Anyone have a pic of one?

Back