• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC renegade 9930 scope mount question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up a nice renegade barrel that has a TC scope mount (9930) and adapter.
Been trying to remove it but not having any success. The adapter will not come off. Any suggestions ?

Attachments

• PXL_20240701_135219960.jpg
    PXL_20240701_135219960.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
I believe if you remove that cross screw on the left right above the barrel hook you'll be able to figure out how to get the ring mount off which will expose the screws to remove the bottom half of it from the barrel mount.

I removed the screw and adapter is still not bulging, didn't know if the roller pins needed to be removed.
I've had the bases before but never the scope mount adapter. Didn't know if there was a trick to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240701-120053.png
    Screenshot_20240701-120053.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Seems to be a fair amount of rust involved. Maybe the little spring-loaded plunger is froze up? Give it a few drops of penetrating oil and a few taps with a punch & see if it frees up.

Do as TechMoron says with the oil, a lot of it at the rear of the mount just behind the rear ring and in the top/middle. The mount removes from the base by first pushing the mount to the rear and then raising the front of the mount. You can use a rubber mallet to tap the mount to the rear to help loosen it.

Latest posts

Back