• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Renegade Shooting Eratic - Thanks !!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grillgod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
:bow:
Thanks for all the advice on getting my Renegade shooting accruately. Here's what I did.

- Got rid of Triple Seven
- Went to Goex FFFg Black Powder (70 gr)
- Am using Wonder Wads between the powder and patch
- I was using Magnum #11 caps-Went back to regular #11 caps
- My barell was lose in the stock - I tightened it up
- Cleaned the barell between shots
- Kept my scope on the rifle instead of going back to iron sights

I now have it shooting just perfect. I went out yesterday and my first 6 shots were in a 2"-3" group, about 4" right of the Bulls Eye, with perfect alignment. I adjusted the scope, left and it's right on the money.

The only problem, is that I changed too many things to know what actually made the difference.

But, who cares !!!

I've never had this gun shoot this good

Thanks for all of the advice, it paid off !!!!!!! :)

Grillgod said:
:bow:
Thanks for all the advice on getting my Renegade shooting accruately. Here's what I did.

- Got rid of Triple Seven
- Went to Goex FFFg Black Powder (70 gr)
- Am using Wonder Wads between the powder and patch
- I was using Magnum #11 caps-Went back to regular #11 caps
- My barell was lose in the stock - I tightened it up
- Cleaned the barell between shots
- Kept my scope on the rifle instead of going back to iron sights

I now have it shooting just perfect. I went out yesterday and my first 6 shots were in a 2"-3" group, about 4" right of the Bulls Eye, with perfect alignment. I adjusted the scope, left and it's right on the money.

The only problem, is that I changed too many things to know what actually made the difference.

But, who cares !!!

I've never had this gun shoot this good

Thanks for all of the advice, it paid off !!!!!!! :)

Kind of like getting a tune up on your[url] car...plugs[/url], plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, filters, etc...
:winking:

Last edited by a moderator:
, You can find out by replaceing them 1 at a time all sounded like sound advice ,I would of made sure all the scope screws are Lock-Tightned, and go back to 777 (thats just me/ I use it to target shoot ,and Swiss till the Goex Express gets here, you dont need any of these for every day plinking ect. I would of changed the nip for a new one first, after cking the scope . Good shooting. :thumbsup: Fred

Latest posts

Back