• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Teak oil as a finish??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strask

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was putting teak oil on our patio set this weekend and started thinking about whether or not this would make a good finish for a rifle?? It dries well penetrates well and has a hand rubbed look to it when done. Has anyone tried it? If so what were the results??

I have only used it on cedar sides of our hot tub and I was not impressed with how it held up to weather. I did like the look for the first few months, but then it faded out.

Wait...I just re-read what you had noted I was thinking of tung oil...I do not know what teak oil is...sorry for the confusion

I don't think that teak oil is a "finish" More of a preservative for unfinished wood. Better to stick with linseed or tung oil or a true gun fisnihs like Tru Oil or Slackem. I wouldn't use Danish oil because they didn't have polyurethane in 1840 :grin:

I beg to differ.

Poly Urethane lived right down the block from the Hawken Brothers shop in St Louis.

She used to bring them little home made pies at lunch time and they cost 15 cents apiece.

Her first cousin Poly Unsaturated sometimes brought along the lemonade when she could find a real lemon. Other times she would just bring river water but she always claimed she, "Boiled it real good!" :grin:

Zonie said:
I beg to differ.

Poly Urethane lived right down the block from the Hawken Brothers shop in St Louis.

She used to bring them little home made pies at lunch time and they cost 15 cents apiece.

Her first cousin Poly Unsaturated sometimes brought along the lemonade when she could find a real lemon. Other times she would just bring river water but she always claimed she, "Boiled it real good!" :grin:

You forgot about Esther...Poly Esther!

Sanford-Aunt+Esther.jpg

"Watch it sucker!"

Latest posts

Back