• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks all that helped me...Happy New Year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerheaven

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Recap ;First time out i had posted I had 2 shots and then misfires.I was loading 777pp and filling pan and dumping primer powder in touch hole.......Also asked what better round ball,conical,or sabots out to 50 yards.Well I listen to everyone that replied to all my post...777 out the window period....
New day and great advice from everyone.I loaded 80gr of 2f powder and used a pre-buttered patch and ramed a .490 round ball. And filled pan level full no dumping or tilting gun for prime powder to cover touch hole..Ignition time improved 100% and at 50yds a great group for a beginer.......a little high...raised rear sight bingo.......Wow no misfies..just made sure flint is wipped and frizzen after every shot dry towel......touch hole picked clean.Tommorrow first flintlock hunt....Happy New year and god bless -Dave :thumbsup:

Glad it worked good for you. You might find that it does even better without a level full pan of priming powder, try only about 1/3-1/2 a pan. Also, raising the rear sight should make it shoot higher, not lower. If this is the only time you have used a flintlock, i would suggest not hunting with it unless you can shoot at 50 yds or less, and have a good solid rest. Good luck on the hunt.

I 3 shots grouping a 3-4inch circle .I raised my sight it was bullseye.......at 50yds and it began to rain :cry:

Rebel your right about rear site adjustment.......I resighted in today made the right adjustments at 25yds...Then moved back to 50 i was dead on the money.........Thank you for the headsup.....Primed the pan 1/2 like you said and a dead solid rest..........Got my breathing down on every shot........I"m ready

Rebel I never in my life had someone to teach me shooting my bow,gun,and hunting..Thankyou for your time and experince.........I"m very thankful ..........hand shake. :thumbsup:.

Latest posts

Back