• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thanks USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.

Several Postal workers on this forum. How completely insulting to lump everyone together. The USPS in my experience has been great and is rated as one of the top posts in the world. Everyone makes mistakes. Have you even filed a claim?
I was referring to the idiot(s) at the post office in VA. The package was mailed on 11/24.

USPS will track them down and find them if you request. Have had several items over the years seemingly stuck at a location. They found all but one. That one never made it out of the originating Post Office.
The shipper has talked to the postmaster at the post office/black hole it disappeared into. No luck.

Don't sweat it yet. One of your neighbors should be bringing it to your door within a week or two...
I wish but I doubt it. Tracking info shows it was received at the post office, but no record of it ever leaving there.
Might be a case like I recently heard about where a postal delivery person got tired and ready for quitting time so he, or she, just dumped a load of mail into a convenient dumpster. Hey, time to go home, been a long day!

Tracking info shows it was received at the post office, but no record of it ever leaving there.
USPS tracking info is dubious at best if scanning was missed somewhere in transit. Eventually it turns up somewhere, and in the meantime goes who knows where, but until it gets scanned somewhere, you're left in the dark, and there's absolutely nothing your local post office can do about it. Personal experience with same. On more than one occasion. The best thing I can say about USPS shipping is that it does eventually get delivered somewhere.

When we moved in, our local post office refused to deliver our mail until we filled out a rural delivery card (PS form 4232) so they knew our names were intended recipients at the address, despite having already filed a change of address. The previous owners submitted a change of address for their mail. Years later we still get mail for the previous owners despite the intended recipients (them) not being on the current rural delivery card.

That same card has a box for where packages should be left. Despite checking front porch, they would leave everything in front of the garage...directly in the path of vehicle traffic and under the sign reading "disabled driver, do not block garage door." I complained, and the local postmaster has the gall to tell me they have a contract allowing them to deliver at garage doors or wherever else they so choose and I could look it up online. I signed no such contract and no such document exists on the USPS site, and they don't have any access rights to private property beyond designated delivery points such as a mail box or area selected on the PS4232. I escalated a trespassing complaint to the USPS Inspector General, and another to the Americans with Disabilities Act complaint office for intentional negligence impeding handicap access. Suddenly and every year since, my packages have ended up on the porch as designated on the PS4232 they made me submit.

The overall system doesn't impress me, with their delivery issues. But the young lady (an I mean young) at the local post office counter is a joy to interact with. She's friendly even when the customers aren't. Not sure where she's from, but I don't think it's around hers, friendly isn't in the gene pool. She cute as a button too, also not in the gene pool.

Germany and England have the best mail system I have ever seen.

On two occasions I ordered some items from a hobby shop in the UK. One package went by Royal Post through Canada and arrived at my home here in Michigan in 4 days. The other came in through New York and spent the next 3 weeks wandering around the east coast.

Another time I watched as an item I ordered spent 4 weeks wandering visiting pretty much every post office in the greater Chicago area.

Had another package went back and forth between Detroit and Jackson several times. Literally passing by my home each time it did.

Six weeks for a document to go from New England to Michigan.

Three weeks from Florida to Michigan.

And it goes on.

I've been on the phone with many Post Master Generals in other states. I have filed many, many complaints. I have learned that once you get beyond the local office, they just don't give a damn!

Filing a claim for lost MO with them is a joke. Wait 60 days to file and them you need to pay to file the claim. So I gotta pay to file a claim to get my money back happened to me twice. When doing business with someone who wont take a check I guess I just wont buy it because I will no longer buy any MO from USPS.

We moved to Central Florida from South Florida a few years ago and use the same CPA/financial adviser located in Weston, Fl. So about 8 years ago I sent my tax papers to her from Orlando Florida to Weston Florida, a mere 300ish miles away in the same State. Sent the package USPS 2 day service with tracking and signature. On the second day I checked the tracking expecting it to say delivered but instead the package showed to be at the Post Office in San Juan, Puerto Rico!!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬
Called their customer service number and apparently was mis sorted and dropped in the incorrect bin. Thank God the package was delivered to the correct location on the following day. Switched to FedEx and used them for several years without an issue. I know mail and packages get lost/mis routed by all carriers but USPS seems to lead these types of complaints.

I mailed a letter to Ca. From Va. nearly two weeks ago. Has not shown up yet.

I talked to my local guy at the post office. He said the Richmond office was three weeks behind on sorting packages. I haven’t given up hope yet😀

They are over whelmed because of not having enough employees and it is Christmas also Amazon and ups are dumping packages on them to deliver. At times my carrier is by here very late in the day
No excuse! Happens every year. They should be use to it by now and plan accordingly. Except their management is lazy and good for nothing!

Best experience I had is when they delivered three packages to my front door. The three packages weren't even my address, or Village that I live in. Of course they denied it was their screw up. Even though I showed them my door video of the delivery.
After much tado I convinced them that they indeed screwed up.
All I had to do is file a complaint in the next town from me. Seems their competitive.... Lol

I had a gun business in a small town in the early 1980s. The USP drivers who serviced the area were awesome, really great guys, both of them.

Fast forward to today, the past several years actually. ALL delivery services suck, not just UPS. Not only do they miss handle, damage and loose packages some won't ship firearms related items. One of my nephews worked part time for "Brown" one holiday season some years back. He told me all kinds of stories about mishandling of packages. It sounded to me like some packages might get better handling if they were a football in an NFL game.

This being said, I now live in a metropolitan area with a lot more addresses to take delivery and there's been a huge increase in the volume of packages being shipped.

Oh, try to resolve a lost or damaged item claim with any of them, that'll make your head explode.

Last edited:
The US Postal Service looses about $8,000,000,000 per year, I would not classify it as a top notch post office. My local mailman was an absolute jerk right up to the day he retired. They must have hired his daughter as his replacement because she is not only rude she is stupid as well. I’ll bet I get three to five letters per week that belong to someone else. I’m beginning to think maybe she can’t read, just recognizes the printed numbers. Don’t even ask about how rude and lazy they are at the local post office.
Years ago I read a slogan;
“ Use Zip code! Some of us can’t read.”

Back