• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Biggest Bull Story You've Told About ML's?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio Joe

50 Cal.
Reaction score
When asked by my neighbor, (and good friend), why after shooting and cleaning his muzzleloader, the next day he'll get brown patches when running a dry patch? I told him he had the worst thing in his bore... Metal worms... The brown was from them breeding overnight and him smushing them the next day with the patch... :: :bull: We talked about it, something came up and I had to leave before telling him the truth that he wasn't getting his bore dry before oiling... Anyway, a few days later other local muzzleloading shooters started to come in where I work wanting to know about, yes, "Metal Worms"... I finally told my neighbor the truth, and we did have a good laugh. I think he told the whole town??? I can't believe they all believed that??? :D :D :D

Once, when my nephew was 19, he just got a T/C Hawkens (caplock) and he kept having misfires, so I told him to bring it over and I'd have a look at it...

While he was on the way, I made a few adjustments to the one muzzleloader I had at the time, a .45 caliber flinter with a long patch box...

He got to my house and I took his rifle and opened the patch box...

"A-HA" I said, "Here's your problem, no batteries!"

I then got my rifle and opened the patch box, exposing the four AA batteries...

I sent him to the hardware for a round Hawken battery... :haha: :winking:

I then cleaned the fouling inside the breech while he was running around... :haha:

What a rat MM you would send some one to get a fuel pump for a model A wouldn't you?? Rocky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What a rat MM you would send some one to get a fuel pump for a model A wouldn't you?? Rocky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No, but when I was in the U.S. Air Force, I use to send new airmen down to the flight-line to get a bucket of prop wash... :haha: :haha: :haha:

That was pure evil MM.
Pure genious also.
Kind of like how we send new troops to the dog kennels to get a gallon of K-9P lubricant for our equipment.
Get it? K-9 Pee...Har Har :D

Huntin

as, I sat here and read down through these stories, I am thinking, and I come here to have these guys help me understand what i am doing when I have a question about my ML's. Kripe - my wife would provide these answers anything to foul me up. Several times she has suggested that I clean things up as well as I do the ML's including my mouth when she suggests that I look at the honey-do list on the refrigerator.

as, I sat here and read down through these stories, I am thinking, and I come here to have these guys help me understand what i am doing when I have a question about my ML's. Kripe -

I did that to my relative, I imposed my unclely right, never to anyone outside the family...

Feel free to ask of me your questions...

There is a young man around the house lately seeing one of the daughters. Welder by trade. The wife told me he is qualified to weld under water. So I ask him how deep he could weld under water, he said 12 feet.Now, I told him how in the war I was on a submarine tender. My job was to go down and weld up submarine that been shot full of holes so they could resurface . I have to go down 300 or 400 feet sometimes and weld them holes shut.12 feet haaaa! Not sure if those holes were made by muzzleloaders or not?

Now, I told him how in the war I was on a submarine tender.

Pity the CSS Hunley sunk in the mud before you could row out to it. :haha:

A_new_hunley-logoB.gif

Find any?

fishasr1_small.gif

Back