• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Think about this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alisal

32 Cal.
Reaction score
With the growing controversy of traditional verus in-line,we must bear in mind that the main goal of those who would wish to divide us is to deprive us of the right to own and enjoy the sport of shooting.

Well, to a degree the controversy is caused by the players themselves. I don't walk into a place and ask political, religious or otherwise controversial topics that are different to the group I placed myself in.To do so, is an invitation to a disagreement. Many of us have our minds made up and will not waiver, just because someone says "united we stand, divided we fall". If that were true, why did those who chose a different way, decide to divide themselves from the others? This is only a thought and another item to "Think about this". :relax:

With the growing controversy of traditional verus in-line,we must bear in mind that
1) the main goal of those who would wish to divide us
2) is to deprive us of the right to own and enjoy the sport of shooting.

:hmm:
The way it's worded it sounds like you're post is suggesting some non-muzzleloading outsiders have formed a conspiracy, dreamed up the notion of a "controversy of traditional verus in-line", and are perpetuating it to split us up in order to take away our right to own muzzleloaders??

IMHO, I don't think that the case...I think there's quite an obvious natural separation between the group who values and studys the early American traditional muzzleloading era, and the new age inline crowd...it exists for real right here among us...not from some external non-muzzleloading conspiracy / source.

Maybe I misunderstood the post... ::

I think that is all the modern ML crowd can offer as there is not logical defense for the use of these guns in hunting seasons, they just slipped thru the cracks as they developed and we are stuck with them and many feel they do not belong and those who use them have little in the way of real beliveable answeres as to why the should be used, when considering how and why ML seasons were started.

Roundball-This is not a CONSPIRACY just saying all lead does not come out of the same gun.

:imo:,.... it's the "inline industry" thet is the real "culprit" of any "devision" within the ranks of us muzzleloaders!!

Ain't "they" the one's make'n claims , thet "ther" muzzleloaders can match centerfire ballistics, and "ther inlines" are better and easier to use, than the "old" traditional muzzleloaders???????????????

Inline shooter's, are merely "pawns" suckered in by bloated industrial "advertisement"!!

YMHS
rollingb

Roundball,.... You'll be hear'n more about the TMA, purty darned soon now!! (I think you will be very pleased , when you "see" what we have ::)

YMHS
rollingb

Roundball, I think it's time we face the facts and look at what's going on around us.
In about half the forums here, there is some sort of discussion or debate about inlines and traditional guns going on.
It is obvious to anyone who looks beyound the stainless steel,shiney plastic stocks or camo detailing that inlines were invented by the devil!!!!! There was no contraversy until "they" came along. Conspiracy? No, not that simple...it's good vs. evil. EVIL I TELL YOU...EVIL! Even the very word-inline...spell it backwards, and what do you have? -Enilni, I'm sure that in some language that means "made in hell and endorsed by Satan". Well, I guess I've proven my point now. So, in keeping with the topic-- Think About This. :crackup: :crackup:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
disclaimer: The above is satire only from my warped brain.No inlines were harmed during this writing. Any similarity between the Devil and inline owners is purely coincidental.

Longknife,.... I'm sure yore right, thet "no inlines were harmed", by yore post,.... but,.. what'a 'bout "me" (an innocent by-stander)?????.... I've been try'n with great difficulty to pronounce "enilni", and now my tongue "hurts"!!!! :cry: :boohoo:

YMHS
rollingb

I've been try'n with great difficulty to pronounce "enilni", and now my tongue "hurts"!!!! :cry: :boohoo:
rollingb,

I suggest you use extreme caution; you do not want to risk losing another sense! :crackup: :crackup:

Jim.

I've been try'n with great difficulty to pronounce "enilni", and now my tongue "hurts"!!!! :cry: :boohoo:
rollingb,

I suggest you use extreme caution; you do not want to risk losing another sense! :crackup: :crackup:

Jim.

Jim,.... Ya got thet "right" !!!!!! :haha: :applause: ::

........ thanks fer tha "warn'n"!! :thumbsup: :crackup:

YMHS
rollingb

disclaimer: Any similarity between the Devil and inline owners is purely coincidental.

LK,
You can't hide behind your disclaimer; I challenge you to prove that there is no similarity or connection!

Just lookin' at 'em 'parently corses blindness! :crackup: :crackup:

Jim. :blah:

:imo:,.... it's the "inline industry" thet is the real "culprit" of any "devision" within the ranks of us muzzleloaders!!

Ain't "they" the one's make'n claims , thet "ther" muzzleloaders can match centerfire ballistics, and "ther inlines" are better and easier to use, than the "old" traditional muzzleloaders???????????????

Inline shooter's, are merely "pawns" suckered in by bloated industrial "advertisement"!!

YMHS
rollingb

I gotta agree with Rollingb! Last Sunday's flyer came in the paper advertising an outdoor shop...like Cabela's but it isn't. An inline was selling for $79.00.

Those things are made cheap to sell cheap and I wonder if the only time during it's construction it is touched by human hands is when some $5.oo/hour worker stuffs it in a box.

It is the DUMBING DOWN of our hobby.

If you check you might see that Traditional shooters' numbers have INCREASED. How can we complain that the sport is in trouble when numbers are going up? Not many sects in the shooting or hunting sports are seeing an increase these days. Modern guns are a different animal than traditional guns and have their place. They are very useful for guys that hunt in shotgun only areas and want better effective range. They cannot be argued as "primitive" and do not belong in the primitive seasons though. It is like the old stereotype of pitting the bowhunters against the gun hunters. A great deal of one sect are also in the other sect. I hunt with bow, centerfire and flintlock. Imagine the internal conflict going on inside my head right now! NOT! Why? 'cause it's all good to me.....

An inline was selling for $79.00.

That's how they lure people into their trap. Ya spend a whooping $79.00 bucks for a piece of injection molded plastic with a .50 cal. barrel and 3 or 4 moving, and a plastic piece of manure ramrod.

Ah but then you need bullets, and ya gotta get the most expensive exreme expansion hollow point sabot round with the deer seeking guidance system for $25.00, and some high tech Black Powder imitation pressed into a solid cylindrical mass at $30/100, and an a decent low power scope, and base and mounts for it at another $200 or so total. Plus cleaning supplies, lube, powder solvent, and whatever else the indutry can convince you that you'd be foolish not to have, and by the time you leave the store you have a $79.00 gun and $400 dollars worth of accessories.

Now when your $79 gun shoots like a $79 dollar gun, you're gonna wonder why you bought all that manure for it, and the only thing you can do to rectify the situation is buy a better gun, aand since you already have all the stuff you need for an inline what are you gonna buy?

:results: That's just my opinion; what do you think?

Roundball, I think it's time we face the facts and look at what's going on around us.
In about half the forums here, there is some sort of discussion or debate about inlines and traditional guns going on.
It is obvious to anyone who looks beyound the stainless steel,shiney plastic stocks or camo detailing that inlines were invented by the devil!!!!! There was no contraversy until "they" came along. Conspiracy? No, not that simple...it's good vs. evil. EVIL I TELL YOU...EVIL! Even the very word-inline...spell it backwards, and what do you have? -Enilni, I'm sure that in some language that means "made in hell and endorsed by Satan". Well, I guess I've proven my point now. So, in keeping with the topic-- Think About This. :crackup: :crackup:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
disclaimer: The above is satire only from my warped brain.No inlines were harmed during this writing. Any similarity between the Devil and inline owners is purely coincidental.

Thanks Longknife- thet was the best laugh I've had in a long while :crackup:

CrackStock,.... We're discuss'n go'n "public" with the TMA right now, (we're thet close).

What we "need" at this time, is for future members to unnerstand thet we don't have all the "goodies" yet to go with memberships. We've got several "options" under consideration for, membership cards, decals, bumper stickers, and etc.,.... we're work'n on a "raffle", and several other things, to raise the final $1500.00 for these items, other "money" has already been donated towards the developement of the TMA by it's "founders".

In fact, we are discuss'n wether fellas would join "right now", and be will'n to wait 30-45 days for ther "goodies" to arrive.

A "vote of confidence" in the TMA, is what we need at this time from our "brothers" with traditional values,.... if we receive enough of'em, we could possibly "go public" in a matter of,.... (I wanna say "hours",... but I cain't "officialy" :winking:)!!

I will make any corrections to what I've jest said, if I am asked to do so, by the other Board of Directors and Officers.

YMHS
rollingb

Watch for a Traditional Muzzleloading Association press release soon!

The TMA has all kinds of goodies for you to consider! We've been working day and night for over a month!

The TMA rides again!

TMA-Logo1jpg.jpg

Chuck Goodall :thumbsup: :redthumb:
TMA President

Back