• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Think about this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the growing controversy of traditional verus in-line,we must bear in mind that the main goal of those who would wish to divide us is to deprive us of the right to own and enjoy the sport of shooting.

Then that would be the manufactures of inlines, as they are the ones who make the outlandish claims that their product is the same as a traditional muzzleloading rifle, and it obviously is not. It is those modern inline manufactures that have fueled the anti-gunners, so why support them? :hmm:

"BINGO"!!!! :thumbsup: :redthumb: :applause: ::

YMHS
rollingb

An inline was selling for $79.00.

Now when your $79 gun shoots like a $79 dollar gun, you're gonna wonder why you bought all that manure for it, and the only thing you can do to rectify the situation is buy a better gun, aand since you already have all the stuff you need for an inline what are you gonna buy?

:results: That's just my opinion; what do you think?

WOW! I like that opinion....mind if I share some of that?

Not quite the same as "everything else". You can sell a traditional muzzleloader (antique replica) between private parties, whereas an inline must go through a gun dealer. They are in the same category as center-fire weapons as far as ownership goes.

No offense, Claude, but man am I glad that I don't live in the Peoples Republic of California.

An inline was selling for $79.00.

Now when your $79 gun shoots like a $79 dollar gun, you're gonna wonder why you bought all that manure for it, and the only thing you can do to rectify the situation is buy a better gun, aand since you already have all the stuff you need for an inline what are you gonna buy?

:results: That's just my opinion; what do you think?

WOW! I like that opinion....mind if I share some of that?

I agree,.... the "inline industry" has learn't how to "set the hook"!!

.... but, this "fish" ain't bite'n,.... 'cause the bait don't "smell" right!!

YMHS
rollingb

I, personally, would purchase a membership right now with no expectations other than to further a cause that is necessary. Go ahead, we will follow. Also, can we send donations? $1500 ought to be easy to raise if we all give a little. Post it and we will give.
Idaho PRB :thumbsup:

Those inline manufacturers also just happen to manufacture a good bit of the traditional guns being bought today. It is very hard to group all us gun people into "they" and "we". Some try very hard though. Did I mention I only shoot flintlock?

No, sacate, it was Claude's post about the transfer requirements for inlines. Like I said no offense was intended to anyone. I like the state except for NTC. I just think that you guys are saddled with a lot more legal restrictions than is reasonable.

I just looked at a cabela's catalog from last fall. There were 8 inlines listed with at least three different variations of each model compared to one traditional rifle with the option of flint or percussion.

CrackStock,.... We're discuss'n go'n "public" with the TMA right now, (we're thet close).

What we "need" at this time, is for future members to unnerstand thet we don't have all the "goodies" yet to go with memberships. We've got several "options" under consideration for, membership cards, decals, bumper stickers, and etc.,.... we're work'n on a "raffle", and several other things, to raise the final $1500.00 for these items, other "money" has already been donated towards the developement of the TMA by it's "founders".

In fact, we are discuss'n wether fellas would join "right now", and be will'n to wait 30-45 days for ther "goodies" to arrive.

A "vote of confidence" in the TMA, is what we need at this time from our "brothers" with traditional values,.... if we receive enough of'em, we could possibly "go public" in a matter of,.... (I wanna say "hours",... but I cain't "officialy" :winking:)!!

I will make any corrections to what I've jest said, if I am asked to do so, by the other Board of Directors and Officers.

YMHS
rollingb

I might be coerced into hammerin' out a knife for yer raffle if'n ya think it'd help. This a pair I made for myself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/SparkytheBlacksmith/DSC01077.jpg

Sparky

Heeyyyyyyy!!.... them'er nice, you do beautiful work!! :thumbsup: :applause: ::

Sparky, ya might make yore offer known to Huntinfool, (our TMA President) over on the TMA thread,.... I'm sure he'd "looooove" to discuss yore very generous offer!! :: :applause:

Thanks bud!! :master:
YMHS
rollingb

Hey Sparky,

Nice knives for sure bud!
DSC01077.jpg

I would be more than happy to discuss the TMA and a donation to the same with ya!

My e-mail is [email protected]

YMH&OS,
Chuck Goodall
TMA President

[/quote]

Forgive me for not joining in the lively debate. But please allow me to communicate one simple observation.

Don't put your face too close to the vent on that inline flinter!! Where's the graemlin with the burnt forehead? [/quote]

Hi Old Salt!
Not to worry, I'm not in favor of Flint Inline rifles.
:crackup:

Of course if one is designed, it will likely come with a welding mask or perhaps an integrated blast shield!!
:crackup: :crackup: ::

I just looked at a cabela's catalog from last fall. There were 8 inlines listed with at least three different variations of each model compared to one traditional rifle with the option of flint or percussion.

Cabelas catalog only shows the hot selling items. Their catalog only includes a small fraction of the traditional guns available on the market today. Many are made by the same manufacturers of the inlines.

Cabelas catalog only shows the hot selling items. Their catalog only includes a small fraction of the traditional guns available on the market today. Many are made by the same manufacturers of the inlines.

I know I refer to their website and not the catalog, but I posted that late last night and wasn't feeling that great. I'm not sure what the point was now. ::

It just seems that the major retailers are pushing the inlines a lot harder, too. I am to the point right now where I really don't need another muzzleloader, so I think that by the end of the year I can save enough cash for a traditional longrifle.

HEY, I said I don't need another muzzleloader not that I'm gonna stop buying them.

Hey Flash,

That would be the best thing you ever did they make a great family heirloom and do nothing but grow in value! Where as the production guns do well to sell for half their original costs if you know what I mean. Not that we would ever sell them. OH NO God Forbid!

YMH&OS,
Chuck Goodall :thumbsup:
TMA President

I really want one, and now that I have enough muzzleloaders to shoot while I wait, the wait won't be so bad. I am actually going to get a 12 guage double barrel, and the I think I'll have to force myself to stop buying guns until I get the longrifle.

Not that we would ever sell them. OH NO God Forbid!

Yep, if I sold a few I could make a sizeable down payment on the longrifle, but I can't bring myself to do it, not even with the longrifle for incentive.

BTW the best thing I ever did was got divorced so now I don't have to explain why I want a longrifle to someone who couldn't understand why I ever needed more than a single shot 12 gage, and that it wasn't worth $75. :curse:

Well I got rid of some of mine and I'd do it again. I had a custom built longrifle made to fit me and my wants. If you do that you'll never go back to the old production guns.

My mentor says "Beware of the Man" with one rifle! That's me I beat him at the gong shoot 2 years a runnin' LOL!

YMH&OS, :thumbsup:
Chuck

Back