• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thirsty Coyote

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ-Robert

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Not exactly muzzleloading related, but thought I would share this one:

COYOTERANCH.jpg

cheeky!!

now, how do you think it found the water? being pokey and havin a look at whats up there. or, can it smell it - can water be smelt by animals? have i been living in the city too long?

Yes, they can smell it, and you can too - especially out here where it stays dry most of the time.

Actually, what we smell is whatever it is the water is making damp, but the nose knows the dampness aspect of it somehow.

Desert animals can smell water from a long way off. I've got a friend who fenced in his pool to keep the critters from drinking out of it. Not that he begrudges them the water but some have fallen in and drowned.

Robert I seen a coat over here in the Smokies made with coyote, white tail and fox. The main body of the coat was deer with a strip of coyote down the center of the back, and the sleeves were half deer half coyote, and the cuffs,coller and hem were trimed with fox.

That thing made my mouth water!!!!

Dang, it's doing it again just thinking about it :eek:
It fit me perfict. Im 6'2" and it struck me about the knees and if I'd had $3,350 on me it would be hanging in my closet today.

But a poor man has poor ways, so I just drooled all over it........ and hung it back on the hanger with a teer in my eye just like the one I have now :cry: Ronnie...

I've got a friend who fenced in his pool to keep the critters from drinking out of it. Not that he begrudges them the water but some have fallen in and drowned.
My neighbor found a drowned roadrunner in his horse trough - hard to figure how that happened, but that kind of thing happens often enough. Out of a mix of kindness and practicality, I keep a washtub filled with water near the well house. It offers critters something to drink while keeping them from tearing apart my plumbing to get to it. I keep a couple of 2x4 chips floating in it to help the little ones get out when they fall in.

I t would be cool to set up at a water and snap pictures of all the critters that came to viset.You ever do that ?

A-z thanks for sharing your pic and the water in the wash tub is a very nice act of kindness !

Say nice pic for sure, would you mind if I came over and introduced my gal to it... my 50, penn? My gal would love it... Best regards Loyalist Dawg :hmm:

Back