• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This is my pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titus

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Lyman Plains Pistol in .54
Pedersoli Kentucky in .50

Picture001-1.jpg

82 airborne. Have shot quite a number of shots through both of em. The Pedersoli is a mission to load after three shots with its 12 grooved 1:16 twist, so dont use it that often. The Lyman is in a league of its own. Really. Never seen a open sighted pistol shoot like this one. :thumbsup:

I'm planing to buy this pistol too. Do you ´have some pictures of groups? Which load do you use at which distance?

Thanks!

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Davy you're an absolute whizz at photoshopping and bringing out the best in peoples images :thumbsup: .Nice pistols Titus-regards zodd

Heres a pic of one of my friends (hes a better shot than me :redface: ). The load was 50gr FFFg Wano pushing a .54 300gr Lee REAL bullet. The distance was just just over 50m.

54300grREAL50grsfffgGreatPlainsPist.jpg

Kirrmeister. I can definitely recommend this pistol above any other. Here is a view of the above mentioned distance at our range, just to put things in perspective for you. The targets are printed on A3 pages.

Gunrunners002.jpg

Hi titus,

nice wild range. In Germany such a range is impossible. Only as a hunter you are allowed to shoot for sighting your gun outside in the hunting area.

Do you need a permission for ML in South Africa?

Kirrmeister

You dont need a license of any sort for ML's in SA. What you do need however is a explosives permit to buy, store and transport Black Powder and percussion caps. This permit is very quickly issued by the South African Police. I waited one month to get my permit. ML's are deregulated and are not considered to be a firearm by definition. Hopefully inline ML's will soon also be deregulated as well. BPCR's are sadly not deregulated and still requires a full fire arms license. To fire your weapons you need to be at an accredited range, or if you have access to one, a farm big enough to safely fire off a couple of rounds

Here in USA some of the anti-gun 'police' are trying to have in-lines placed with modern arms.
I like both those pistols. I have a CVA Hawken type I enjoy shooting.

Thanks Blizzard. :thumbsup: I just wish that they would deregulate BPCR's here in SA. That would be great since they are reregulating cap and ball revolvers again. :youcrazy:

Titus,

thanks for the info. So it is nearly the same as in GE. ML-Revolvers can only be get with a permission, inliners, too. For BP we need a permission from the authorities.

Man, that would really be a pain. :(

I am a typical conservative/libertarian here in that I really hate having to ask my government for anything that is Constitutionally guaranteed (or should be).

We are actually seeing a trend in the right direction in the US - our District of Columbia's (Washington D.C.) gun ban has been ruled Unconstitutional by a federal court and this is now in appeal - setting the stage for a supreme court ruling! :thumbsup:

I wish you the very best of luck in "fixing" your firearms laws! :v

There is in my opinion a developement against legal gun owning in GE. Since the gun law was changed in 2003 it is especially for sportsmen shooters much more difficult to get a gun legal. Now you have to shoot 12 months periodical, make a law and gun course and have to show a need for the gun.
For hunters it is a bit easier. they can buy all sorts of longguns and 2 shortguns with their lifetime huntinglicence. But to get one you have to make a difficult education and test.
Because of this many interested people start ML-shooting while the single shot ML are free to get. BP license is also no big problem. That is good for ML in special but bad for the gun owning in general.

For conventional cartridge firing rifles we have some real FUBAR :winking: gun laws in SA. For example, you are allowed only two hunting rifles of different calibers one shotgun and one fire arm for self defense which you arent allowed to use for that purpose. :youcrazy:

Before you apply for your license, you must first do a competency course (for every firearm) and they then issue you with said certificate which must accompany your application to your nearest police station.

After it has been submitted, they do all your background checks and interview family and friends about your mental stability. Then they come over to your house to inspect your safe, whether it conforms to ISO9001 standards and if its indeed bolted to the walls of the house.

If they are happy then they proceed with the application. :cursing:

Take a guess how long you wait for your firearm license in SA. :snore: :yakyak:

Sounds like SA is starting to become like Zim. I have a very dear friend in SA. They use to have a large farm in Zim until Mugabie took it. Hope SA doesn't become a Zim. :shake:

Back