• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

This isn't supposed to happen, right?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are. M.

NC NMLRA Field Rep, NRA ML Instructor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Brass brush stuck waaaaaay down in a Crockett .32.

Let the adventure begin!

Attachments

• 20210115_224847.jpg
    20210115_224847.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 116
Looks like I got a little friction from the spieal wire on the brush...

I'm gonna increase it.

Attachments

• 20210115_230056.jpg
    20210115_230056.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210115_230130.jpg
    20210115_230130.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 107
"This isn't supposed to happen, right?"

Actually that's exactly what's supposed to happen with that style of brush. I made the same mistake only once back in 1977. :( The brush is still at the bottom of the barrel of my matchlock jezail. One of these days I'll get 'round to getting it out.

My wife and I use brushes all the time and there is no reason not to but they must be attached like this one:
View attachment 58907

Now that's a pro tip.
Routine water with cleaning jag and patch. Or soap and water. Please don’t ask what kind of soap cause that will start a 6 page flurry of personal favourites, lol. A few drops of dish soap works if so desired.
Walk
Btw, nice job getting it out!

Thanks.

I've been using two or three drops of dawn for years now.

Wire brushes are fine as a jag just use rag well undersize & it wont come off till you need it too. I use them since they are small & light each' tool 'box on the rifle having one plus a ball drawer worm rag & couple of flints ect & wire pick some put patches ..What ever your fancy.
Rudyard

My wife and I use brushes all the time and there is no reason not to but they must be attached like this one:
View attachment 58907
I would never even think of using a brush . You don't need a brush to clean a ML or modern Rifle with one exception an abused modern rifle only and rifles with both ends open . I could tell you a few horror storys!

Latest posts

Back