• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thoughts on Intercontinental Arms Kentuckian Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A local guy is selling an Intercontinental Arms Kentuckian flintlock pistol. I know IA is gone but I don't know anything good/bad about these pistols & haven't found much on them in general. Value these days in the time of mere transitory inflation? I saw a percussion model sold in here in Jan for 175. TIA!

It's definitely Italian. Guy thinks it may have never been fired but the frizzen has obviously been sparked a few times so I'm thinking it has. I'm waiting on a reply about corrosion as some of the pics appear to have it. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240622_142830.jpg
    20240622_142830.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240622_142821.jpg
    20240622_142821.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Pics don't show the bore well but he swears it's great. Looks like it may have some light external corrosion but hard to say. He's at 125 on it so I'll probably chance it.

A lot of fun to be had there for $125. If there's corrosion on the exterior it can be fixed by browning the barrel and it'll probably look better too. It's Italian and it wouldn't surprise me if current Italian parts could be fitted if necessary. The Navy Arms pistol and the Replica Arms pistol in the illustration above could be brothers.

Back