• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Thrifty .45 percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This would make an excellent starter for someone wanting to join the smoke pole sport. I purchased it for my eldest son, thinking he would join me, but he has four little children and precious little time to add something on top of everything my grandbabies are involved in. While there are no maker markings, I believe it has Spanish roots (Junkar, maybe?). Its .45 bore is in perfect condition. Looking for $185 plus shipping. Make me a reasonable offer if I'm off base...

Attachments

• Thrifty 1.jpg
    Thrifty 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Thrifty 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Thrifty 3.jpg
  • Thrifty 4.jpg
  • Thrifty 5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Thrifty 6.jpg
    Thrifty 6.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't have a bore light, but I was able to capture a picture of a land using fairly direct sunlight. It's the best I can do at the moment. I wasn't able to separate the barrel from the stock, so I can't definitely answer the question about whether it is a one-piece or two-piece. However, my gut tells me it is a two-piece that has been doweled together to optimize the amount of pieces per unit of wood If you look just aft of the brass piece, you can definitely see a rear sight.

Attachments

• Thrifty 7.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Thrifty 8.jpg
    Thrifty 8.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes it has a 2 piece stock. The muzzle of barrel almost looks like its been sleeved. You see lands & grooves in the bore ?

Yes, I see what you're saying about the bore being sleeved... This was probably a cost-saving measure. It's much easier and cheaper to purchase a sleeve from the trade and insert it into a drilled barrel...

Yes, I see lands and grooves, but my Parkinson's makes holding the rifle at the correct angle a losing proposition... I will try again later.

It looks like the early Jukar rifles sold by CVA and others. My first rifle was a flintlock kit of one like it. My first muzzleloader and first build. Your price is very reasonable. The percussion one are okay. The lock on my flint one was manure.

Back