• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thunder'd down in the Swamp tonight!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gmww said:
:thumbsup: Well done! Where did you hit? I didn't see a wound.

The ball hit on the right side of the white patch on his throat. Which really was pretty close to dead even right/left with his head turned to the left like it was. Not sure if he bled a drop before we got him hung up and it appears the ball is still in his neck, as it didn't exit. Thats a .715 ball on top of 80 gr Swiss 2 F.

Very nice. Post a photo of the ball if yu can get it. I like seeing how they do even if they started out .715 in size.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats on a great hunt,fine deer and pics.Thank you. :applause: Griz

Great hunt to be sure.
It will put a smile on your face every time a piece of him hits the dinner table.

PJC

Great job! Looks like you hunt on a lawn! Beautiful pics. Thanks.

:haha: I have to tell you all this...yesterday while checking out the property with a buddy, we found a fresh newly made small pawing. I asked my buddy to please go relieve himself in the pawing for me. Which he did...I saw this morning the pawing was torn up an d twice the size now. :haha: :thumbsup: This forkhorn was messing around with that pawing tonight and the reason why it took so long for me to see him after getting a glimpse of his tail. I've done this a few times now and it really messes with the bucks. I've seen small pawings turn into the size of a small throw rug with dirt flung all over the place after peeing in one. :rotf: :thumbsup:

Looks like everything went just right. Great pictures. Hopeing to get a chance at one with my 12 ga smooth bore.this time.

BAM! SLAP DOWN! Nothing like a big ball to put them down.
I think I'll hunt with you next year! :grin:

Good on ya Swampy! :hatsoff:
Great story as usual. Sounds like you really put the smack down on him with that big ball.

I've peed in scrapes a few times too. Worked the same way you said. They really tear 'em up after that. Never did actually SEE the buck that I ticked off doing it tho. Just the tore up scrape.

Latest posts

Back