• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Todays little strole.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Somebody wanted a few pigeon. Well I managed 3.
I took some feather off two others, I was getting on them but I blame the sparse pattern from#5 shot!
I missed a couple clean too.
Dang good fun!

Just thin cards x 3 for wads!

B.

You are just having too much fun! :thumbsup: Don't let the Queen see you smiling like that, she just may have you thrown in a dungeon somewhere! :grin: .

Wonderful picture, a gentleman with a double, a good dog, and game. Beautiful day. Savor it, you have helped me relive my earlier life with a double Navy Arms here in Arkansas! May your paths be blessed always. Thank you, Britsmoothy. George B. :hatsoff:

treestalker said:
Wonderful picture, a gentleman with a double, a good dog, and game. Beautiful day. Savor it, you have helped me relive my earlier life with a double Navy Arms here in Arkansas! May your paths be blessed always. Thank you, Britsmoothy. George B. :hatsoff:

Thank you Sir :hatsoff:

Brit;
I do the same sometimes... three overshot cards as an overpowder card, lol.

Do they not have "hunting seasons" on all these bunnies and such you take there?

BTW, I note the cute puppy's ears are about the same size as Prince Charles'...

Alden said:
Brit;
I do the same sometimes... three overshot cards as an overpowder card, lol.

Do they not have "hunting seasons" on all these bunnies and such you take there?

BTW, I note the cute puppy's ears are about the same size as Prince Charles'...
no sir...no closed seasons on rabbit or pigeons. Crows. Hares and some deer.

I sure do enjoy seeing the adventures of Mr. Smoothy! Keeps my drive for hunting in tact while we are waiting for the seasons to open here in the States.

Any day with grey smoke and ole Sprocket...huh? :wink: :thumbsup: You're a lucky gut. When we going t hear more video with giggling in the background? :rotf:

Wes/Tex said:
Any day with grey smoke and ole Sprocket...huh? :wink: :thumbsup: You're a lucky gut. When we going t hear more video with giggling in the background? :rotf:

You leave her alone......she is spoken for :grin:

Britsmoothy said:
I took some feather off two others, I was getting on them but I blame the sparse pattern from#5 shot!
I assume your #5 shot is by the English designation? 218 pellets per ounce? I was puzzled why you were using #5, but then it dawned on me your #5 is equivalent to our #6, which is the largest I might use in that situation.

Looks like great sport, Brits.

Spence

George said:
Britsmoothy said:
I assume your #5 shot is by the English designation? 218 pellets per ounce? I was puzzled why you were using #5, but then it dawned on me your #5 is equivalent to our #6, which is the largest I might use in that situation.

Looks like great sport, Brits.

Spence

Yes Sir. English #5. Just some I happened on. I prefer #7 English or even 71/2 but no greater than#6.
Small game only needs a knock to the knoggin to collect :thumbsup:

treestalker said:

Well said, Treestalker. What a very cool classic hunt.

Sure do enjoy your pictures and hunting updates across the English countryside :thumbsup: Now, if fall deer season would just hurry up and get here!!

Back