• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOW usually ships stuff to me by USPS Ground Advantage, and arrives promptly. Depends on what you order and where it's going, I suppose.

I think OP should know UPS is suspected of being anti-gun and delays gun-related shipments and gives unreliable tracking. If there's a choice, choose some other shipper.
Don’t go with Fed Ex. They will put your package in the driveway leaning up against a tree. The driver said that was how he kept the rain from my stuff. That didn’t work, BTW. Or, I have had a contract driver for FedEx just take my $2000 package home. I had to have a FedEx delivery manager investigate the theft. Amazingly the contents of my package, no box no packing, showed up in my side yard on a Sunday night 3 days later.

Shipping costs for retailers can be different, even for the same item, depending on where they are shipping from. It costs my friend in California more to ship one of her crocheted items from California to Connecticut than it does for me to send a similar or heavier item from Connecticut to California.
Shipping the same thing from Ohio is probably cheaper than shipping it from Connecticut.
Cost of living and cost of doing business will effect the shipping cost.

It's not some nefarious "extra fee," they aren't telling you about 🙄

Don’t go with Fed Ex. They will put your package in the driveway leaning up against a tree. The driver said that was how he kept the rain from my stuff. That didn’t work, BTW. Or, I have had a contract driver for FedEx just take my $2000 package home. I had to have a FedEx delivery manager investigate the theft. Amazingly the contents of my package, no box no packing, showed up in my side yard on a Sunday night 3 days later.
Every one of the shipping companies competing against USPS (UPS FedEx Amazon etc.) on the whole do an excellent job and have over the years and that is why they have grown into the massive but very efficient companies that they are. Go to anyone of their main facilities and you will see a huge building running like clockwork.

Everyone of them including USPS and the freight companies have individual delivery drivers however, being individuals you will have some excellent drivers wanting to do a good job and some pi$$ poor ones not worth their salt as my Dad used to say. It is unfortunate that some drivers on specific routes give the company a bad name.

Yes, that's true, it's the "prudent" way to order stuff, except I can never find all the things I want right now that are also in stock all at the same time at the same place. Eventually I just gave up and ordered what I needed from whoever had it when I needed it and then just bit the bullet on the shipping charges. I'm too old to keep waiting for the best deal. I take whatever I can get, whenever I can get it now at a fair price. Next week I might be dead and won't need it anymore and so it makes no real diff to me or my heirs.
I am the same, at my age I do not need a lot of "stuff" as I have already accumulated so much clutter that I have to search through it to find things and usually if I need a 8-32 ramrod tip I buy about three cause I know I will need the others eventually.

And that is great until I need that one little whatzit to finish a project, then I order three of those and the shipping is more than the parts........... Oh well, if that is the biggest of my problems........

Every one of the shipping companies competing against USPS (UPS FedEx Amazon etc.) on the whole do an excellent job and have over the years and that is why they have grown into the massive but very efficient companies that they are. Go to anyone of their main facilities and you will see a huge building running like clockwork.

Everyone of them including USPS and the freight companies have individual delivery drivers however, being individuals you will have some excellent drivers wanting to do a good job and some pi$$ poor ones not worth their salt as my Dad used to say. It is unfortunate that some drivers on specific routes give the company a bad name.
French Colonial, you are correct. Not all the package delivery drivers are lazy and or thieves.
I have had the same UPS driver in my rural area for along time. He polite dedicated and helpful. We have become good friends with mutual interests. He has an appreciation for all things that go boom.

screw UPS they were the ones that started the rip-off haz mat fee

Latest posts

Back