• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Kentucky Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradmartin

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I found a Traditions Kentucky rifle kit online for $179. Haven't hear anyone talk about them.

.50 cal.,unfinished stock, 1:66 twist, 33.5" blued barrel, perc.
Its the best price I've seen them for. Just don't know if its any good.
:master:please help O great ones of powder. :master:

I've got the flintlock and it's been a good gun.It shoots ball pretty good,but I don't like shootin slugs out of it.I use 50 grains powder at 50 yd.s.At 100 yd.s it hits about 8" low.It's been a while since I've shot it so you'd proably want to check that. :m2c:

Hey thanks. I have to say I like the look of a full stock. I didn't know what to think because the price was so low.

I just bought on and finished it. Very surprisingly good shooter. 1.5 inch group at 25 yrds and 3 inch group at 50 yrds first six shots out of her. The $179 was the going price earlier this year at most of the on line sellers. I would not hesitate at the price. My only complaint is the 2 piece stock, but hey it shoote good.

Waya :m2c:

Well I just found out that I have to be in Idaho for 6 months before I can get the good rate on hunting so it will be January before I get some meat. :cry: So now I have some time to kill.
I can't remember but I think there is M/L in January. :hmm: Any port in a storm. So if not with the Hawkens maybe a Kentucky. We'll have to see.
But I'll wait till I get to Idaho. Walmart has M/L in the store there. All they have here are air guns, paint ball, and ammo. All firearms are by order only. California is going down the tubes faster then we can stop it. So its time to go.
Thanks for the help. As far as the stock goes, thats just a better reason to learn how to cut a new one.

Hi Mowolf and everybody else,
did you experienced slight movement of the forestock after/while shooting? Mine had that problem...:(

Or do they equip the Kentucky with a pinned stock now? ::

Stimpy

HAve not noticed any movement, the stock is pinned by 2 pins one in front of the spacer and one behind.

Waya

The Traditions Kentucky Rifle was the first muzzleloading shoulder arm that I ever owned. I learned to shoot it very well. 3-4 inch groups were not uncommon at 60 yards off hand. I can honestly say that I never had a single problem with ignition. It is, in my opinion, an excellent starter rifle for someone to use to see if he really wants to get interested in muzzleloading. From there, I moved on to Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle. As you probably know, this is a much more expensive piece, but it is a beautiful, sweet shootin' rifle.

I have an Investarms Hawkens now and its to the point where it dose what I want it to. So now I NEED more. :cry: The price was the lower by $75 then anywhere else. thats way I asked.
Thanks for the info.

Brad

Back